Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Blog
Kill the meat addiction, not camels!

Kill the meat addiction, not camels!

Posted 15 January 2010   by Karen         Permalink | 8 Comments

Tags: Environment, Veg, Camels

Some time back, the UN released a very revealing report that revealingly revealed that our habit of eating meat is contributing more to global warming than all the world's trains, planes and automobiles combined. Yep, they say a whopping 18 percent of all the world's greenhouse gas emissions come from livestock.

It seems that back home our pollies might have missed this memo. While other countries are looking at ways to ween their citizens off meat, yesterday our Federal opposition spokesperson for agriculture (that is, the guy who's supposed to know a lot about agriculture), said he reckoned that killing all the feral camels in Australia would be a great way to help save the planet. WTF!?

He says that shooting one million of these unfortunate animals would be like taking 3 percent of Australia's cars off the road. That left me wondering which animals will need to be taken out next to curb the other 97%?

*facepalm*

Anyone who hasn't been asleep for the past five years knows that you don't have to shed blood to save the planet. I know it. The UN knows it. Even Al Gore knows it now. I mean -- just eat the tofu burger and nobody has to die (in fact, we'll all probably live a little bit longer)!

What a bloody mess! :(

If you could tell Mr Cobb what you think of his bloody plan to "save the environment", what would you say? Wait! You can! [email protected]

« WIN the cutest badges in the world!     Last Minute Xmas Gift Ideas »

Post a Comment   |   

Comments
Cj Cj 16 January 2010
1
What? Aww im gonna email him!
via Unleashed

Ryuk_Ash Ryuk_Ash 20 January 2010
2
Jesus Christ.

This is horrid. Thats not going to solve it, its just going to cause agony to camels.

Terrible. =/
via Unleashed

Swanky Swanky 21 January 2010
3
typical meat eater mentality - kill everything... what a wa*ker
via Unleashed

Teweesa! Teweesa! 21 January 2010
4
.....that guy is an IDIOT.
via Unleashed

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 22 January 2010
5
Wow... so should we just cull a bunch of coloured people to curb racism?
Ridiculous...
via Unleashed

ChloeMB ChloeMB 29 January 2010
6
Man that guy has it ALL wrong!!
Plus think of the greenhouse gas emissions he would make in order to shoot the camels.
Poor camels . . . I bet they don't even want to be here.
via Unleashed

Animallover12 Animallover12 7 September 2010
7
that guy is an IDIOT
via Unleashed

animals deserve 2 live 2!! animals deserve 2 live 2!! 13 November 2010
8
idiot!?!?!?! angry angry angry
via Unleashed

 

Recent Posts
Recently Commented Posts
More Stuff
Archives:

RSSSubscribe to Blog Feed

Disclaimer:
We’re supposed to let you know that the ideas expressed here are the views of the individual authors, and may not necessarily reflect the views of Animals Australia or Animals Australia Unleashed. So now you know.

www.unleashed.org.au