It's easy to justify stuffing your face with chocolate when you know that you're harming no-one with your choices. Not only is dairy-free chocolate better for you, but it's better for animals too! What's more, it comes in shiny, colourful packaging, just like all good Easter treats should! Here's my top 7 recommends for dairy-free goodies to satisfy your sweet tooth this weekend:
1. The old fave -- Lindt dark choc bunnies.
Look for the brown ribbon and you're golden! Get them at Woolies/Safeway and Coles.
2. Choices Easter egg and choc-orange discs.
Yum. Choc + orange = yum. Get these at Aldi for cheap!
3. Alpha chocolate eggs.
Alpha have a range of dairy-free chocolates including large and small eggs. Get them online at the Cruelty Free Shop.
4. Sweet William Easter bunnies.
All Sweet William products are dairy-free and delicious and you can get them at Woolies/Safeway and Coles. They also do yummy white chocolate things if that's your preference :)
5. Bonvita rice milk eggs.
Rice milk chocolate is sooo good. If you haven't tried it, you need to get your hands on some Bonvita. Get their Easter eggs at the Cruelty Free shop or get their regular range from the Unleashed online shop.
6. Chocolate spiders.
This is a D.I.Y treat but it's my actual favourite chocolate-y thing ever and it's so so easy. It has 3 ingredients:
- 1 packet Chang's original fried noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 200 grams dairy-free chocolate. (I use Sweet William Original.)
And 4 steps:
- Put the chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and zap for 30 seconds. Mix.
- Add the crunchy noodles and coat them in chocolatey mixture.
- Put spoon sized portions on to a tray covered in baking paper and chuck them in the fridge.
- Wait patiently until they're set and then eat them.
How easy is that? And to make it even easier, the recipe is on the back of the Chang's noodle packet!
7. Nestar chocolate macadamias.
These are little balls of bliss and you can get them from our online shop. There's quite a few other yummy sweets to choose from too.
Great. Now I'm going to be thinking about chocolate for the rest of the day. And there's loads more at the Cruelty Free Shop, Vegan Online and The Green Edge. I hope you're as excited for a dairy-free Easter as I am :) If you know of any other yummy vegan sweets, pop them in the comments below so that myself and others can try them. And on behalf of mother cows and their babies, thank you for choosing dairy-free.