I don't know about you but January always kind of creeps up on me. Where did the year go? But not this time! Because January is now Veganuary ... and I am so excited!
The Veganuary team have asked us to be their Aussie partner and we'd love you to join us to kick off 2016 in a big way for animals. Veganuary is all about giving vegan food a go for the month of Jan – no pressure, just yummy, cruelty-free food.
If that's not enough to get you pumped, here's 15 more reasons to try vegan this January :)
1. So that you can swap recipes with Ellen when you meet her.
2. To protect animals.
3. And the planet.
(Because less cows for meat and dairy equals less harmful gases in the atmosphere.)
4. To see your grandma's face do this when you tell her.
5. And your vegan friend do this.
6. To save calves from becoming a 'waste product'.
WARNING: This video contains cruelty to calves :(
7. So that you can experiment with cashew cheese.
8. And cashew cheese cake! (Like this lime and mango one.)
9. Because it's like giving a chicken a virtual hug.
10. To stop day old male chicks from being killed by the egg industry.
11. Because tofu scramble.
12. To reduce your risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
13. Because there is a delicious cruelty-free alternative to all your favourite foods. Srsly, vegan sausages, pizza, chocolate, pies ... even 'fish' fingers!
14. You'll get to lol hard at things like this:
15. And last but not least ... so that you can find out what it really means to be in love ... with hummus.
Mmmmm ... hummus ... So what do you reckon? Can I count you in for Veganuary 2015?
P.S. Know another good reason to try vegan that I've missed? Share it below.