Posted 26 November 2010 by Jesse Permalink | 77 Comments
giveaway, Macbeth, vegan, leather, fashion, Jona Weinhofen, bands
Want to kick off the new year in style? Well we've got just the thing! Read on and you could win a specky new treat for your feet.
We all know that Macbeth make rad shoes. For starters, they were co-founded by Tom DeLonge, of Blink 182 fame. Not to mention they've got musicians like Mike Dirnt of Green Day designing moshpit stompers for them. And last but definitely not least, most of their shoes are leather free. So you can strut in style whilst leaving the cows to be cows.
We were chuffed to learn recently that one of our fave people, Aussie guitar maestro Jona Weinhofen from Bring Me the Horizon (+ ex-Bleeding Through, + ex-I Killed the Prom Queen) has got on board with Macbeth to promote their vegan range.
So to celebrate all things stylish, cruelty-free and that rock your socks off, we've got 2 pairs of Wallister Macbeths to give away! Just check out our exclusive interview with Jona (from back in his Bleeding Through days), and then to enter leave a comment to tell us how you plan to step up and make a difference in 2011 (winners will be announced in mid January).
View 77 Comments |
Post a Comment
Posted 23 December 2009 by Permalink | 4 Comments
Christmas, gifts, cosmetics, animal testing, vegan, advertising, Edgar's Mission, Brightside Sanctuary, Macbeth, Lush, Aesop, Kisschasy, chocolate
If you're like me and haven't even started your xmas shopping yet, you might like the idea of suggestions for presents to take all of the hard work out of it. So here are my top 10 tips for xmas gifts:
- Buy a TV Ad (or have one bought for you): Remind your family that Christmas is a time of joy and celebration, and giving kindness to those who are stuck in factory farms. By donating an ad, you can make their Christmas by keeping our ads on television to give animals a voice.
- Aesop gift packs: All of Aesop's products are vegan meaning you don't have to worry about your products being used in cruel animal experiments. They have gift packs for both men and women (perfect for Mum and Dad) that range from $30 to $150. This is what my mum's getting for chrissy.
- LUSH Handmade Cosmetics: While also on the topic of cosmetics you cannot go past LUSH, one of the coolest and conscious companies around. These guys have decadent smelling hand-made cosmetics, with a great range of vegan options, that are all natural and perfect for gifts for mum, dad, bro or sis. Just find your closest store.
- Macbeth's vegan line of shoes: Macbeth shoes are pure style. And a pair of cow friendly kicks is enough to put a spring in anyone's step.
- The Cove: One of the biggest animal films of the year, which shone a light on the secretive dolphin slaughter in the small town of Taiji in Japan. Definitely one of the best films I have ever seen. It's very much like Animal Planet meets James Bond. So if you're Dad likes espionage films, then this is definitely for him. Available from JB Hi Fi around Australia.
- Sponsor a needy animal: Adopting a family companion is a big decision and one best left to the person who will be looking after him/her. So giving an animal as a present usually isn't a good idea. But that doesn't mean you can't help a needy animal and make your friend or family member fall head over heals in the process. Sponsoring an animal at a sanctuary (such as Edgar's Mission or Brightside Farm Sanctuary) on behalf of a friend/family member will leave the recipient feeling proud that their helping to give a needy animal a home. And that experience can be all the more rewarding if you can visit the sanctuary!
- Cook a delicious vegan supper: Remember that old saying "it's the thought that counts?" Well whoever coined the phrase was right. Why not save Mum/Gran the time slaving away in the kitchen this xmas by whipping out your vegan masterchef skills with one of our Christmas recipes. In doing so, you'll give animals the kindest gift of all – not eating them, and show your family how great vegan food is!
- Music: Really… who doesn't love music! And of course it's 100% animal friendly. And you could make this gift even more animal friendly (110% animal friendly?) by supporting a band that helps animal **cough Kisschasy cough**. Their new album Seizures is currently at all good music stores.
- Tart n Round: These Melbourne based cake pioneers have a range of delicious chocolates, cakes and sweets that would make a great small gift for someone such as in a Kris Kringle/Secret Santa. They are open Thursday 12-6pm so you'd better be quick. If you don't live in Melbourne, just pick up some other vegan treats from a local vegan store in your area.
- Stella McCartney perfume: Perfect for mum or your lady friends, Stella McCartney is vegan so you can rest assured that her products aren't tested on animals and that they don't contain any animal by-products. A little bit pricey, but definitely worth what you pay. Available at most Myers around the country.
If you can think of any other last minute Xmas ideas, post your ideas below!
View 4 Comments |
Post a Comment
Posted 18 July 2009 by Karen Permalink | 1 Comment
Macbeth, leather, cows, shoes, contest
Have you heard? Our Macbeth comp is in its last days... While we're all sitting back and wondering who is going to be one of the 4 lucky winners to nab a free pair of Macbeths — what are you doing?
a) Huh? Macbeth comp?
b) Wondering why I'm reading this blog instead of entering the comp already.
c) Going back to enter the comp again to increase my chances of winning!!
If you answered A, or B, then there's only one thing to do: click the fuzzy wuzzy cute widdle cow below and you'll be well on your way to scoring a sweet new pair of the Hunter Burgan Studio Project Shoes — vegan for "my footwear kicks ass". And if you're wondering why you need these awesome leather-free shoes...? Then just check this out.
View 1 Comment |
Post a Comment
Next: Mechanic Can't Fix Broken Down Horse »