Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Iron Supplements (that are very high in iron)

1 - 3 of 3 posts

Jaq Jaq VIC Posts: 23
1 16 Oct 2014
I have just been to the doctor and found out I am severely anemic and my iron is super low (in fact, so low they could not actually measure it).

Because of this, I need to be taking 300mg iron supplements everyday for 3 months.

Unfortunately, I've been looking online, and I can't seem to find tablets with more than about 25mg.

Does anyone know of any iron tablets with a higher dosage than this? I'd really prefer to find some where I don't have to take 12 tablets per day!

Thanks.
ReplyQuote

maddie45 maddie45 VIC Posts: 167
2 16 Oct 2014
Thats a crazy amount! I don't think theres anything like that on the market unfortunately sad Sounds like it could be an absorption problem though, unless you're not eating much of anything nutritious! Have you had B12 and Checked as well? Vitamin C is important too.
Maybe injections/ transfusions are the way to go?
All the best! x
ReplyQuote

Elise4 Elise4 SA Posts: 40
3 20 Oct 2014
maddie45 said:
Thats a crazy amount! I don't think theres anything like that on the market unfortunately sad Sounds like it could be an absorption problem though, unless you're not eating much of anything nutritious! Have you had B12 and Checked as well? Vitamin C is important too.
Maybe injections/ transfusions are the way to go?
All the best! x
I'd probably opt for the injections if you can too! much easier than remembering to take a tablet (in my experience)
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au