Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegetarian in training

NEED HELP!!

1 - 7 of 7 posts

Jorja Jorja NSW Posts: 10
1 26 Oct 2014
Hi, I really want to go vegetarian but I'm finding it super hhelp

I eat mear everyday but I try not to most days I don't but some days I do!

I need some tips and help in going vegetarian!

Please help!

broccoli
ReplyQuote

The British Aussie The British Aussie SA Posts: 212
2 26 Oct 2014
Substitution is generally good for transitioning. Woolworthes, coles and foodland all stock vegetarian and vegan products in their frozen and refrigerated isles.

To make sure you are getting all the right nutrients without going into lots of research a good idea when cooking veggies for your lunch or dinner is to think "colourful". Vegetable pastas are great for being colorfully creative in that respect, they are also easy to make and generally inexpensive dependant upon what veggies you choose, in season of course is cheaper.

I recommend checking out vegetarian and vegan blogs and recipe websites. When googling them I suggest typing in easy or simple with it as some recipes are complex and can be off putting.

Best of luck in your journey to vegetarianism and enjoy learning new recipes and getting to know new foods happy
ReplyQuote

dug dug QLD Posts: 12
3 27 Oct 2014
if you really want to be a vego don't eat meat! you're the one that makes the decision to put meat in your mouth or not, no one else.
i know this is oversimplified and most won't like my response, but its the truth.
i also think that the reason you don't want meat in your diet is important to success too.not everyone is a vegetarian because of the animals. however if it is, then it's not difficult, just keep reminding yourself why you're doing it.

don't buy any meat or keep any in the fridge at home.
don't go anywhere you know meat will be served.
ReplyQuote

Chicken Legs Chicken Legs VIC Posts: 72
4 27 Oct 2014
You could I guess eat a tonne of 'mock meats' lol or give this a go?

http://www.veganeasy.org/
ReplyQuote

Jorja Jorja NSW Posts: 10
5 27 Oct 2014
Thank you so much! happy
ReplyQuote

Elise4 Elise4 SA Posts: 40
6 27 Oct 2014
Do some serious research into the meat industry.  Having heaps of knowledge about the pros and cons (if you eat properly there won't be any cons like vitamin/iron deficiencies) of becoming a vegetarian. It is better for us, the animals and the environment. It helped me a lot,  and knowing what I now know, I could never eat an animal and am ashamed I ever did. Honestly, who wants to eat rotting flesh anyway?
ReplyQuote

Elise4 Elise4 SA Posts: 40
7 27 Oct 2014
Elise4 said:
Do some serious research into the meat industry.  Having heaps of knowledge about the pros and cons (if you eat properly there won't be any cons like vitamin/iron deficiencies) of becoming a vegetarian. It is better for us, the animals and the environment. It helped me a lot,  and knowing what I now know, I could never eat an animal and am ashamed I ever did. Honestly, who wants to eat rotting flesh anyway?
Sorry reading that back it didn't make sense lol.
I meant to say having knowledge of the pros and cons helps you when you're becoming a vegetarian happy
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au