Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

kiwi the 2nd eye.

my chook has a bubby eye, help!

1 - 10 of 10 posts

Okami ovo vegetarian Okami ovo vegetarian VIC Posts: 119
1 6 Mar 2015
okay so here's what happened,
in September 2014 i got some new chooks (well pullets.) now they are all hens,
apart from one.
that ones name is kiwi, and she is a silkie bantam, and ever-since October 2014 she has got an eye with bubbles in it and a swelling at the side off her face.
she also walked slowly and sneezed sometimes.
one day in november i took her too my friend-vet and he gave her a needle and
a pill to make her better.
well she got a bit better, she walked faster and her sneezing got a bit better but she still has got a bubble eye and swelling (which has grown down a bit.) so she acts like any other chicken but she just has a weird face. (which has spread to the other side too.)

i took her to the vet 3-4 weeks ago and she got something put in her eye but it won't go away.

please help me because i want her to be as healthy and happy ASAP.
yours sincerely,
okami.

P.S. we won't have to euthanise her, because she might be blind in
one eye and is otherwise healthy.
ReplyQuote

2 7 Mar 2015
please help
ReplyQuote

3 8 Mar 2015
the other eye has crusted over too sad PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!
ReplyQuote

Unleashed Unleashed VIC Posts: 17
4 10 Mar 2015
Hi Okami,

I think you should take her to the vet again. We can not offer medical advice for kiwi on here. I hope that she's ok!
ReplyQuote

5 25 Mar 2015
Unleashed said:
Hi Okami,

I think you should take her to the vet again. We can not offer medical advice for kiwi on here. I hope that she's ok!
i don't think she is okay, she is slow again and we need an AVIAN VET.
we live in point lonsdale vic and need a.bird vet in the geelong/bellerine area.
ReplyQuote

6 6 Apr 2015
thank you for not helping please just tell me anything to help.
ReplyQuote

7 20 Apr 2015
problem might be fixed, were going to take her to an eye clinic called "all animals eyes"
i hope she gets better love
ReplyQuote

8 5 Jun 2015
WELL THANKS A LOT EVERYONE, MY CHICKEN JUST DIED THANKS TO NO-ONE HELPING, WHY DIDN'T ENYONE HELP ME WITH SUGGESTING ANY AVAIN VETS!

I GUESS NO-ONE CARED kolkolkolkolkol . . .
ReplyQuote

tiedyedtofu tiedyedtofu NSW Posts: 221
9 9 Jun 2015
I am so sorry that your chicken died. Our issue on Unleashed is that a lot of us are just people going about our daily lives (sorry for the generalisation everyone). Barely any of us are qualified to give advice when it come to medical issues, especially as you said; avian advice.  Also in terms of referencing people, by the lack of commenting on this thread it appears that none of us actually know of any avian vets in the areas you mentioned. Did you find anyone when you looked it up on the internet? xx
ReplyQuote

10 9 Jun 2015
tiedyedtofu said:
I am so sorry that your chicken died. Our issue on Unleashed is that a lot of us are just people going about our daily lives (sorry for the generalisation everyone). Barely any of us are qualified to give advice when it come to medical issues, especially as you said; avian advice.  Also in terms of referencing people, by the lack of commenting on this thread it appears that none of us actually know of any avian vets in the areas you mentioned. Did you find anyone when you looked it up on the internet? xx
thats okay.
no i don't think i did find any :/
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au