Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

I love my pets, but still eat meat. What's wrong with that?

Great Article.

1 - 9 of 9 posts

The British Aussie The British Aussie SA Posts: 212
1 8 Mar 2015
Catches you this title doesn't it?

This article is short, simple and very to the point. I love it. If you could some up why I have chosen to be vegan, this article is it.

So please take a minute or two and have a read. I think it's great.

http://freefromharm.org/animal-products-and-psychology/i-love-my-pets-but-still-eat-meat-whats-wrong-with-that/
ReplyQuote

Okami ovo vegetarian Okami ovo vegetarian VIC Posts: 119
2 8 Mar 2015
The British Aussie said:
Catches you this title doesn't it?

This article is short, simple and very to the point. I love it. If you could some up why I have chosen to be vegan, this article is it.

So please take a minute or two and have a read. I think it's great.

http://freefromharm.org/animal-products-and-psychology/i-love-my-pets-but-still-eat-meat-whats-wrong-with-that/
great article! happy
ReplyQuote

reddapanda reddapanda ACT Posts: 381
3 9 Mar 2015
Thanks. It seems a good website to know of.

I just read this one on it.

http://freefromharm.org/common-justifications-for-eating-animals/animals-eat-animals/
ReplyQuote

Jessica931 Jessica931 NSW Posts: 19
4 3 Apr 2015
I understand it entirely.

I love my pets, but still eat meat and there is NOTHING wrong with me. I had to eat meat due to health reasons that are beyond anyone's business. That's it. Health, could I give it up? Yes. Would I? Yes.

I treat my babies better than anyone and I am prepared to prove that, I treat my babies better than I treat myself.
ReplyQuote

5 4 Apr 2015
Interesting topic. The term that came to my mind is "proximal empathy".

The closer one is to the animal, the more one cares about it.

This has good and bad sides. The good side is pretty evident. The bad side is also evident.
ReplyQuote

Jessica931 Jessica931 NSW Posts: 19
6 5 Apr 2015
reddapanda said:
Interesting topic. The term that came to my mind is "proximal empathy".

The closer one is to the animal, the more one cares about it.

This has good and bad sides. The good side is pretty evident. The bad side is also evident.
I care about all animals, no matter where, I stand up for animals. Yeah, as I've said, I have to eat meat at the moment for health reasons. I'm sorry, but did you read my comment? Obviously not.
ReplyQuote

7 7 Apr 2015
It's not all about you.
ReplyQuote

8 7 Apr 2015
Hello Jessica, you seem defensive but that's probably fair enough (given how many people here don't eat meat and that everyone can care about animals). I'm not the person you seem to take me for however, and I cannot really see the point in personal attacks between strangers.

I do find the topic very interesting, and that's what I was conveying. For instance, my partner would like to live with cats but we don't because from our general research cats need to eat meat - and we're both vegetarian so why would we choose to prioritise the wellbeing of a cat over the animals that form the meat that the cat would eat?...

Just because my partner and I came to this conclusion, doesn't mean I'm saying everyone in the world needs to come to the same conclusion as us. But I think I'm welcome to post these thoughts onto a general forum at the Animals Australia site.

paw paw
ReplyQuote

Wasim Wasim United Arab Emirates Posts: 5
9 13 Apr 2015
Its wrong.. You are making difference between two animals...
I love all animals.. i love horses and i have different horse breeding.. Why the twofold standard? Why we esteem the lives of the creatures we have decided to welcome into our homes as pets and not those of numerous other living animals? Why don't we eat robins or cougars? It is intriguing how this idea doesn't even cross the brains of most of the populace. For more information you can contact me  here http://www.horseconnector.com/ hope i offered some help.
Wasim
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au