Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Elephants For Education

1 - 1 of 1 posts

Mark10 Mark10 VIC Posts: 1
1 13 Aug 2015
I would like to share an initiative which I have begun.
I have called it Elephants For Education and it involves schools and community groups being gifted an Orphan Elephant Forstership from the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. At this point in time, I have been seeking expressions of interest from schools which accept my gift and in turn receive a plethora of information about elephants, the trust, poaching etc, and allows them to gain a greater understanding of the plight facing these great animals. This initiative is fully funded by me, however, my hope is that in the years to follow, the groups which have taken up the offer will continue to find the $70 required for the elephant sponsorship to continue for another year. Additionally I am seeking to encourage likeminded people to consider making a contribution to a school or group they know, so that this initiative can begin to reach further afield than my efforts currently do. To this date, over the last 6 months I have gifted 26 animals, and will continue to press on. So if anyone knows a school or early learning group which may wish to take advantage of this opportunity, please drop me a line.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au