Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Major Hypocrites (a rant)

1 - 10 of 19 posts   1 | 2  

Pomi Pomi VIC Posts: 311
1 16 Dec 2009
My mum goes on and on and on about starving children, child/slave labour, third world countries, how she cares soooo much and is doing a course in school so she can become a welfare worker.
She says that I care too much about (other) animals and should care more about humans.

More than a HUNDRED times I have explained about the beef to grain ratio, how much food/water/land it takes to raise livestock. She doesn't say anything and calls me an 'extremist' and goes on to her friends about me. She's so bloody SELFISH.
And... she buys from Nestle and other companies that support slave labour. And she KNOWS about it. She rolls her eyes whenever I mention it. Her brain is the size of a pea, I swear.
I hope when she dies she will relive every life of every animal that has ever died for her.
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
2 16 Dec 2009
Unleashed Admin
I know how frustrating it can be to have loved ones not join the dots.

One thing I like to highlight to people who say 'why don't you do more for people?' is that the great thing about being vegetarian/vegan is that it takes up none of your time, money or energy to do. So whether someone campaigns for animals, humans or neither, we can all make a huge difference for animals without any extra effort on our part.

Peter Singer put it well:
"When nonvegetarians say that ‘human problems come first’ I cannot help wondering what exactly it is that they are doing for human beings that compels them to continue to support the wasteful, ruthless exploitation of farm animals."
ReplyQuote

Georgie Georgie VIC Posts: 58
3 16 Dec 2009
Despite our best intentions, I think it is often easy for us to lapse and makes choices that are in conflict with the compassionate lifestyles (whether human or animal) that we aspire to if we are not directly observing the problem. For example, whilst we may express anti-slavery or pro-animal welfare sentiments, the Nestle products and cuts of meat in the supermarket are so removed from the source of cruelty that most people fail to make the connection. We can only hope with time and education that more and more people will make the connection and change their lifestyles accordingly.
ReplyQuote

emileee emileee NSW Posts: 514
4 16 Dec 2009
Legry said:
I hope when she dies she will relive every life of every animal that has ever died for her.
thats a bit harsh ..
ReplyQuote

5 16 Dec 2009
eMMA-Lee said:
Legry said:
thats a bit harsh ..
Ha, I knew someone was going to say that, I guess the fact she lies about me and is drunk all the time and abuses me contributes to how much I hate her.
It's funny though because people are totally understanding when you don't like your dad but if you don't like your mum they're like, woah dude...
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
6 16 Dec 2009
Legry said:
eMMA-Lee said:
Legry said:
thats a bit harsh ..
Ha, I knew someone was going to say that, I guess the fact she lies about me and is drunk all the time and abuses me contributes to how much I hate her.
It's funny though because people are totally understanding when you don't like your dad but if you don't like your mum they're like, woah dude...
Don't worry. I know quite a few people who hate their mothers and sometimes it's understandable. People aren't perfect after all.
I've had my share of these sorts of conflicts and  how they make me feel like I'm the selfish inconsiderate one *sigh*. The worst thing is the ones you love the most can hurt you the most (unless you don't love your mum so much happy)

Well you know the truth and you know what you're doing is right. So hold strong. okay?
there are some people in this world who will try to to everything to bring others down... because it makes them more powerful >.> hate that.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
7 16 Dec 2009
Jen said:
Legry said:
eMMA-Lee said:
Legry said:
thats a bit harsh ..
Don't worry. I know quite a few people who hate their mothers and sometimes it's understandable. People aren't perfect after all.
I've had my share of these sorts of conflicts and  how they make me feel like I'm the selfish inconsiderate one *sigh*. The worst thing is the ones you love the most can hurt you the most (unless you don't love your mum so much happy)

Well you know the truth and you know what you're doing is right. So hold strong. okay?
there are some people in this world who will try to to everything to bring others down... because it makes them more powerful >.> hate that.
I'm going to admit I said things like that bout my mum when I was younger. Now that I'm older, we're still not close, but I wouldn't wish harm to her. I think it's ok to vent happy

I have friends who support human rights and I think it's fantastic! It's not just animals that need help, but I guess most omni's put humans before animals. I don't support human charities, my money goes to the animals, but I am thankful that money goes to them too as it's really sad some of the things 3rd world countries go thru sad
ReplyQuote

pcf pcf VIC Posts: 638
8 16 Dec 2009
im with you emma. i hate my mum. and i mean it to the full extent. she was always too busy being a bitch and nagging and making everything about her. i had a massive fight with her again the other day. she said i deserved nothing but misery and i told her i hope she dies coz shes a piece of shit. shes the worst mother. anyway yeah im with ya babe. i get along good with my dad so i live with him these days.
ReplyQuote

9 16 Dec 2009
Steph2 said:
im with you emma. i hate my mum. and i mean it to the full extent. she was always too busy being a bitch and nagging and making everything about her. i had a massive fight with her again the other day. she said i deserved nothing but misery and i told her i hope she dies coz shes a piece of shit. shes the worst mother. anyway yeah im with ya babe. i get along good with my dad so i live with him these days.
Lucky. I hate my dad as well. Lol I was waiting at the bus stop the other day and him and his girlfriend drove past, he wound down the window and made an L on his forehead. What a weirdo, has he heard of the finger?

Wow, I've just realized I'm not close to anyone. Well if I develop a mental illness I'm stuffed then.
ReplyQuote

annabellaar annabellaar NSW Posts: 43
10 16 Dec 2009
Legry said:
Steph2 said:
Lucky. I hate my dad as well. Lol I was waiting at the bus stop the other day and him and his girlfriend drove past, he wound down the window and made an L on his forehead. What a weirdo, has he heard of the finger?

Wow, I've just realized I'm not close to anyone. Well if I develop a mental illness I'm stuffed then.
but thats being a bit hypocritical, your saying that its not right to kill animals, humans are animals and your saying you wish the people who put you on the planet to be dead. if a dog gave birth to some pups and didnt want them and left them there to die, does she deserve to die ? no
just putting it out there
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au