Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

What to do in the heat

1 - 10 of 17 posts   1 | 2  

Georgie Georgie VIC Posts: 58
1 16 Dec 2009
So I'm at home in the country on uni hols. It's 39 degrees outside, so can't really get out of the house much. Other than endlessly reply to posts on forums such as this, what can I do to make my day productive? Normally at this time of year I spend the days baking and ironing for my Mum, but when the temperature ups she bans me from using the iron or the oven!
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
2 16 Dec 2009
Georgie said:
So I'm at home in the country on uni hols. It's 39 degrees outside, so can't really get out of the house much. Other than endlessly reply to posts on forums such as this, what can I do to make my day productive? Normally at this time of year I spend the days baking and ironing for my Mum, but when the temperature ups she bans me from using the iron or the oven!
if you like to make food try raw treats no oven!

take up sewing or little crafty things
ReplyQuote

Pomi Pomi VIC Posts: 311
3 16 Dec 2009
I'm not sure what temp it is here but its supposed t be 39 aswell.
I'm cleaning up my room. On other days I will, facebook.
ReplyQuote

Georgie Georgie VIC Posts: 58
4 16 Dec 2009
Ha ha, just spent the last 30mins looking a photos of my sister on Facebook. I've actually been contemplating doing a raw dessert for myself for Christmas, as I ate way too much traditional pudding last year and feel like something a bit healthier but still decadent. Any ideas?
ReplyQuote

Jojo Jojo VIC Posts: 175
5 16 Dec 2009
what about a summer pudding?  You usually cook the fruit a bit to break them down, but I'm sure you could make it without doing this.

The heat today has given me time to catch up on some reading.  I've got a ton of books, but never seem to find the time to read them but today was a perfect excuse!
ReplyQuote

Karen Karen United States Posts: 1012
6 16 Dec 2009
Unleashed Admin
While you're working it out, you can put a large bowl of water outside for thirsty wildlife happy

39 here today too!!
ReplyQuote

7 16 Dec 2009
I've got a bird bath full of water and a big bowl outside, don't get too much wildlife round here with the dogs and cats in the garden though  happy
ReplyQuote

ChloeMB ChloeMB VIC Posts: 560
8 16 Dec 2009
yeah its hot, hey? lucky im a bit further south than melbs, soooo. but im upstairs on the computer and its seriously hot.
as for baking, i'm gonna make THE most yum vegan tea tonight  happy
ReplyQuote

9 16 Dec 2009
jayjay said:
yeah its hot, hey? lucky im a bit further south than melbs, soooo. but im upstairs on the computer and its seriously hot.
as for baking, i'm gonna make THE most yum vegan tea tonight  happy
Oooh what are you making?
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
10 16 Dec 2009
My rescued lori was hot! I put ice cubes in his water and a pool for him to swim in, but he wasn't interested sad Obviously, he was hot and panting so I patted him w water, but....  I need a spray bottle!!!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au