Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Does veganism or vegetarianism have an impact on children

1 - 8 of 8 posts

Jeff13579 Jeff13579 VIC Posts: 3
1 24 Nov 2015
Does it broccoli
ReplyQuote

robert99 robert99 Sweden Posts: 1360
2 25 Nov 2015
If their parents are, then yes. If children learn about it, then yes.
ReplyQuote

3 25 Nov 2015
I meant like health
ReplyQuote

4 25 Nov 2015
Children might be shorter or have less iron etc
ReplyQuote

5 25 Nov 2015
ReplyQuote

DaveQB DaveQB NSW Posts: 287
6 25 Nov 2015
In a short answer yes.
The long answer.....it would depend on how it was presented and implemented. I don't think it's a given you are automatically healthier if you are vegan; we see plenty of unhealthy vegans. Remember, veganism is a way of life, a philosophy that strives to reduce animal suffering and deaths. So that can be implemented in a myriad of different ways, some better for your health, some bad for your health and some inconsequential to your health.

I think being a vegan child would lead to being more emotionally healthy. But if there is a backlash from other children, then that might offset that gain.
ReplyQuote

JennyTurk JennyTurk Australia Posts: 1
7 27 Nov 2015
My friend is vegan and has been for 7 years, her youngest were both raised vegan from birth, and the eldest was about 3 when the parents became vegan. 7 years later her kids are fine. My other friend has kids raised as vegan from birth. They are also healthy and fine no health issues related to diet for the past 10 years.

My own children are I think too old for me to put veganism "on them". They need to make their own decision as I think it would greatly increase their anxiety levels to a degree detrimental for their health. Given their limited diet anyway (fussy eaters) a vegan diet would essentially be an almost starvation diet unless I constantly gave them vegan chocolate cupcakes.

The only society that I can find that is traditionally vegan are those that follow the Jain religion, and plenty of them seem to grow up to adulthood? but I could be misinformed.
ReplyQuote

8 27 Nov 2015
"unless I constantly gave them vegan chocolate cupcakes."

laugh
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au