Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Veganism.

How common is veganism around your place?

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Isaac Isaac United States Posts: 16
1 9 Mar 2016
Last year when I registered for my Master's degree, only two others of my colleagues were vegans. Then beginning of this year we founded a Vegans' Club at the institution. Encouragingly enough, as at  last week Saturday, we held a meeting and there were 38 members who have registered since January. 12 new member joined that very same day. We are planning on conducting a survey around the town to see just how many more there may be. What are the population figures of Vegans at your institution or locality?
ReplyQuote

robert99 robert99 Sweden Posts: 1360
2 10 Mar 2016
In Sweden, 10% vegetarian 4% vegan. I'm one of those 4% happy
ReplyQuote

EasyRightMaybe EasyRightMaybe VIC Posts: 30
3 12 Mar 2016
I would be very interested to know how many vegans there are in Australia and the world, by city/country etc. Any data that does exist on this subject is probably not all that accurate. I highly doubt veganism is above 2% in Australia and probably closer to 1% if talking 100% strict.
ReplyQuote

swirVi swirVi QLD Posts: 6
4 20 Mar 2016
I would be really interested in this as well.. I wonder if it'll be in the Census this year? ecstatic  People I know are now starting to ask me loads of questions about going vegan.. Especially people at work who see what I eat every day and see that I definitely don't go hungry! It's becoming socially interesting and easier for people to get into so I would expect the numbers to increase from now on. We still need loads of education as people are totally unaware of how animal byproducts can be snuck into foods (and also kind of forget that leather is from an animal? hahaha) happy
ReplyQuote

Hannah.banana Hannah.banana VIC Posts: 1
5 23 Mar 2016
I'm currently in highschool, and in my year level (200 girls aprox) theres about 5-7 vegans, and maybe 5-10 vegetarians. Whoo.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au