Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Opening doors (Vegetarians VS Vegans?)

Tips and thoughts for a welcoming take on animal advocacy

1 - 8 of 8 posts

Vincent Berraud Vincent Berraud VIC Posts: 120
1 16 Apr 2016
I shared an article called This Is Why Vegans Should Stop Being Mean to Vegetarians (Ari Solomon, Mercy For Animals) on facebook group Friendly and Pragmatic Vegans and Vegetarians. I would like to share a few replies to the stimulating conversation which followed, trusting they will be inspiring and heart warming.

Read it at http://tinyurl.com/AnimalistOpeningDoors
ReplyQuote

robert99 robert99 Sweden Posts: 1360
2 16 Apr 2016
Should n't we stone them to death then ? laugh
ReplyQuote

reddapanda reddapanda ACT Posts: 381
3 26 Apr 2016
I liked your article Vincent.

Also just read this one:
http://veganstrategist.org/2016/04/18/what-if-the-real-push-towards-a-vegan-world-did-not-come-from-vegans/

The in-fighting & perfectionism etc. pushes plenty of people away from wanting to have anything to do with it, whether at the start or after a while.
ReplyQuote

robert99 robert99 Sweden Posts: 1360
4 27 Apr 2016
Accidently vegan?
ReplyQuote

5 27 Apr 2016
Yeah, the accidently vegan thing or whatever it's termed (including animal-like products but not from animals) seems likely some best-hope. I like that non-vegans are contributing a bunch of the funding toward those products, and that non-vegans are opening vegan restaurants, etc. I dislike this whole "point out the hypocrisy" emphasis among some people. I read somewhere recently about a 'vegan meal' rather than 'a vegan' being a better emphasis, which I also liked. Way-so-many people are going to have an extra vegan meal, and then another, than are going to ever want to "be a vegan".

orcawhale
ReplyQuote

6 28 Apr 2016
Way-so-many *more* people will have a vegan meal (etc.), than the number who'll 'be vegan', so yeah I think that's a better emphasis for efforts. Anyway, good evening.
ReplyQuote

EasyRightMaybe EasyRightMaybe VIC Posts: 30
7 28 Apr 2016
Be naturally AWESOME..........and vegan of course!
ReplyQuote

8 29 Apr 2016
Another article on an interesting topic this week...

http://veganstrategist.org/2016/04/26/let-them-eat-labmeat-an-interview-with-professor-cor-van-der-weele/

This Dutch professor said: "The development of cultured meat implies that we accept that people like meat, while we hope to produce it without doing harm to animals."

And later on: "It’s important to realize that change does not necessarily need to start with clear moral attitudes. In some cases, people adopt attitudes that accompany the behavior that they are already demonstrating."
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au