Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

vegan margirine

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

ChloeMB ChloeMB VIC Posts: 560
1 19 Dec 2009
I'm looking for a new brand of vegan butter because I think that Nuttelex have palm oil in it.
Whats your fave brand of margirine?
cow
ReplyQuote

Pomi Pomi VIC Posts: 311
2 19 Dec 2009
I don't remember where I read it but I think the palm oil in nuttelex is from a sustainable resource?  I hope so... it's what I have.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
3 19 Dec 2009
Ingredients: (all from vegetable sources) Sunflower oil, Canola oil^, vegetable oils, water, salt, emulsifiers (471, 322 sunflower lecithin), flavour, vitamins A, D2, E.

No palm oil there?
ReplyQuote

4 19 Dec 2009
RaV3N said:
Ingredients: (all from vegetable sources) Sunflower oil, Canola oil^, vegetable oils, water, salt, emulsifiers (471, 322 sunflower lecithin), flavour, vitamins A, D2, E.

No palm oil there?
I think palm oil can be listed as a vegetable oil, which is bad news for vegans, huh?
ReplyQuote

Jojo Jojo VIC Posts: 175
5 19 Dec 2009
this was brought up recently on another thread.

The only vegan margarine that doesn't contain palm oil is Melrose http://www.melrosehealth.com.au/health_products/Organic/product_info/natural_health/Omega_Table_Spreads/34_35/products_id/Omega_Gold/35/

There is no requirement for companies to list palm oil as an ingredient, so if a product lists vegetable oil on the label this means it could contain palm oil.

However, Nuttelex do say that they source sustainable palm oil.  But, there does seem to be some confusion as to whether sustainably sourced really means that.

I'm not against Nuttelex, just giving you the info as I know it.
ReplyQuote

6 19 Dec 2009
Jojo said:
this was brought up recently on another thread.

The only vegan margarine that doesn't contain palm oil is Melrose http://www.melrosehealth.com.au/health_products/Organic/product_info/natural_health/Omega_Table_Spreads/34_35/products_id/Omega_Gold/35/

There is no requirement for companies to list palm oil as an ingredient, so if a product lists vegetable oil on the label this means it could contain palm oil.

However, Nuttelex do say that they source sustainable palm oil.  But, there does seem to be some confusion as to whether sustainably sourced really means that.

I'm not against Nuttelex, just giving you the info as I know it.
thanks a lot, jojo    happy
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
7 19 Dec 2009
I was in Safeway today, and right next to Nuttelex was a butter like spread made from Avocado oil. I didn't get the name nor do I know if it's Vegan or not, but might be worth looking out for.
ReplyQuote

soy soy NSW Posts: 100
8 19 Dec 2009
ooh I love Nuttelex lite. The others taste horrible to me! I know which one you're talking about Jordan but I can't for the life of me think of the name.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
9 19 Dec 2009
the vegan margirine i email nuttelex and thgey wouldnt give me a good enough answer so ill buy melrose when i find it
ReplyQuote

Apple Scruff Apple Scruff VIC Posts: 180
10 20 Dec 2009
I think the melrose stuff is the omega 3 margarine? I remember getting it a while ago and I thought it tasted horrible, plus it didn't work in cakes and stuff. But if you're against nuttelex I say try it, maybe I just have fussy tastebuds
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au