Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Goulburn Valley Dairy Co. Vegans Boycott their Fruit/Juice.

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

Lauren Elizabeth Lauren Elizabeth QLD Posts: 93
1 20 Dec 2009
Hi all, this is more one for the Vegans, I know us Vegans consume heaps of fruit juice if you are like me, I used to buy the Goulburn Valley brand of fruit juices and even tinned fruit etc. I have been informed they have opened a Dairy division of their brand. I think we should respond to this by choosing a different juice or tinned fruit brand that doesnt support and profit from Dairy cruelty through other divisions of their company.

Post edited.

What do u think?

http://vic.nationals.org.au/news/Article.aspx?ID=9091 it might stop the government from giving them more of our tax money too in bail outs.
ReplyQuote

Rosie Wolf Rosie Wolf VIC Posts: 163
2 20 Dec 2009
If i was purchasing Goulburn Valley, i would stop at this news. It doesn't seem like alot of trouble to go to IMO anyways, its not like there aren't another 20 delicious brands readily available who don't support the cruel dairy industry. I like the, i think its black label or something? or maybe it just has a black label... I'm not sure but it doesn't even contain preservatives like most juice, 100% fruit juice. YUM! ^_^
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
3 20 Dec 2009
Are we supposed to boycott every brand that uses animal products? And what do you mean swap to Sanitarium soy milk? So Good is made by Sanitarium....

& Sanitarium sell dairy & egg products..

confused
ReplyQuote

Lauren Elizabeth Lauren Elizabeth QLD Posts: 93
4 20 Dec 2009
it was just an example about So good, I think some sanitarium products contain some egg (or they definately used to) and im sure there are heaps that are dairy too ur right.

I just think well there is heaps of other juice choices that dont, so its an easy one I think with the juice/tinned fruit. Sorry if my example with soymilk sucked lol.  confused
ReplyQuote

Jacqui T Jacqui T NSW Posts: 796
5 20 Dec 2009
Hm' Im not a vegan but I see where you're coming from. If you feel very upset or enraged about this, or passionate I guess..then yeah switch the juice! But we are looking at this in a solitary case yes? I mean..there was a post before that showed noone can be 100% vegan, and vegan products are quiet limited in the market if you think about it in context of the business being fully vegan or not. But Matt brought up a good point in that post, though noone can be 100% vegan, its better to try then to give up and just go back to a cruel lifestyle. Do what you can, and what you can't..well..we'll get to that in the future hopefully.
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
6 20 Dec 2009
yeh, i see the reason to boycott the product.

but, for myself, i choose not to boycott the brand... i boycott the product.

for example, coles and safeway have a massive range of coles/safeway-brand animal products; from chicken to pork to veal to milk. however, i see no reason to not purchase their rolls, and other products for that matter, which are free of animal products.

to me, it sends a just-as-clear message to the company (in this example case - safeway/coles), that i'm only interested in paying for vegan products, giving them the profit motive and incentive to alter more of their products to better suit the vegan buyer.

saying all this though, if i in the future i am confronted with buying either a goulborn valley product or non-goulborn valley product, i'll go for the non. buttttttt, i still won't stress buying the goulborn valley product if its a decision between juice or no juice. i think i make sense haha.
ReplyQuote

Apple Scruff Apple Scruff VIC Posts: 180
7 21 Dec 2009
Lauren_xoxo said:
Hi all, this is more one for the Vegans, I know us Vegans consume heaps of fruit juice if you are like me, I used to buy the Goulburn Valley brand of fruit juices and even tinned fruit etc. I have been informed they have opened a Dairy division of their brand. I think we should respond to this by choosing a different juice or tinned fruit brand that doesnt support and profit from Dairy cruelty through other divisions of their company.

Post edited.

What do u think?

http://vic.nationals.org.au/news/Article.aspx?ID=9091 it might stop the government from giving them more of our tax money too in bail outs.
Goulburn Valley is owned by Coca Cola, I don't think this will be effective unless we stop buying Coca Cola products all together
ReplyQuote

Apple Scruff Apple Scruff VIC Posts: 180
8 21 Dec 2009
Matt.  Y said:
yeh, i see the reason to boycott the product.

but, for myself, i choose not to boycott the brand... i boycott the product.

for example, coles and safeway have a massive range of coles/safeway-brand animal products; from chicken to pork to veal to milk. however, i see no reason to not purchase their rolls, and other products for that matter, which are free of animal products.

to me, it sends a just-as-clear message to the company (in this example case - safeway/coles), that i'm only interested in paying for vegan products, giving them the profit motive and incentive to alter more of their products to better suit the vegan buyer.

saying all this though, if i in the future i am confronted with buying either a goulborn valley product or non-goulborn valley product, i'll go for the non. buttttttt, i still won't stress buying the goulborn valley product if its a decision between juice or no juice. i think i make sense haha.
I agree with you on this Matt... It's like me choosing to still eat and non-vegan restuarants (although I do prefer to eat at vegan restaurants due to the fact that I don't 100% trust non-vegan kitchens). If everyone ordered the vegan options at restaurants they would produce more of these meals and stop making the other meals... makes sense to me
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
9 22 Dec 2009
Aw that's sad to hear! :/ Why do they have to go dairy?

hrm is there any soy-milk that doesn't sell anything else that harms animals?
If there is ... I'd buy them...
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
10 22 Dec 2009
Jen said:
Aw that's sad to hear! :/ Why do they have to go dairy?

hrm is there any soy-milk that doesn't sell anything else that harms animals?
If there is ... I'd buy them...
I could be very wrong, but I think Vitasoy makes soy products and nothing else.. & Their milk, especially the chocolate one is really yum. & the good thing is you can find it pretty much anywhere.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au