Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Melbourne Uni

11 - 20 of 36 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

Francis Francis VIC Posts: 286
11 4 Jan 2010
Mr Awesome said:
want to go to melbourne uni or La Trobe

but melbourne uni is hard to get in?
I'm at la trobe and if you're planning oin an arts degree (?) it's great. I'm doing philosophy, anthroplogy, literature and gender/sex/diversity. The latter being absolutely brilliant! It covers philosophy, sociology, [identity] politics, lit, anthroplogy all in one and a lot of it is about or helpful to social movements. So good.

As regard to food, no veg cafe/restuarant as far as i know but there is one that makes great vegan sandwiches, and indian restaruant/cafe with veg options, soy milk everywhere, a juice/soup/salad cafe/bar/whatever, several fast food type places with veg junk as well as a chinesestyle noodle joint. Some pretty satisfying stuff.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
12 4 Jan 2010
melbourne uni
has an animal rights group that does campaigns around he scvhool thats run byu a friend of mine
so if your interested in that its probabaly one of the best
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
13 4 Jan 2010
Georgie said:
Sounds like Wholefoods at Monash Clayton campus to me, am I right?
Spot on.  It's just a shame it's only open during the semester - especially as I am here much, much more than that (like, right now, for example!)

Beyond that - I have loved my time at Monash - I did my BA and honours here, and now doing an MA.  It will be sad to leave and study elsewhere next year.  It's a really good school, and worth considering (obviously, depending on what you want to major in!) It is a pain in the arse to get to if you don't drive, though!
ReplyQuote

x.Tara x.Tara NSW Posts: 357
14 4 Jan 2010
i really wanted to go to melbourne uni but the cut off for the course i wanted is 97.60.. there is no way i'm gonna get that sad
ReplyQuote

Joannaoj Joannaoj United Kingdom Posts: 33
15 5 Jan 2010
Here is the blogspot for the animal rights society at Melbourne Uni: http://cagefreecampus.blogspot.com/

We'll be looking for lots of new volunteers to help us out from day one next semester! Look for our stall at the Clubs and Societies expo during O'week or email us on cagefreecampus @ gmail.com to find out how you can join.

Good luck for everyone who is starting uni this year. How exciting!
ReplyQuote

Georgie Georgie VIC Posts: 58
16 5 Jan 2010
I'm just over halfway in my course studying medicine at Monash, but only year 1 and 2 are on campus at Clayton. So sadly, no more Wholefoods for me : ( How I miss lounging around on those couches (sighs).
ReplyQuote

tarkine tarkine Iran Posts: 296
17 23 Feb 2010
I'm doing postgrad study part-time at Uni of Melbourne... I'm only on campus for a few days each semester though, for seminars - working f/t in the city. But it'd be great to know if there's an AR group of some kind, I might try to join... anyone else here at Uni Melb?
ReplyQuote

18 23 Feb 2010
tarkine said:
I'm doing postgrad study part-time at Uni of Melbourne... I'm only on campus for a few days each semester though, for seminars - working f/t in the city. But it'd be great to know if there's an AR group of some kind, I might try to join... anyone else here at Uni Melb?
Aha, just saw joannaoj's post...
ReplyQuote

Lancastrian Lancastrian VIC Posts: 310
19 23 Feb 2010
tarkine said:
tarkine said:
Aha, just saw joannaoj's post...
Tarkine,
The Melb Uni group are doing lots of leafletting this week
ReplyQuote

20 23 Feb 2010
Cheers Roy, whereabouts on campus will you guys be?
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au