Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Melbourne Uni

21 - 30 of 36 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

Lancastrian Lancastrian VIC Posts: 310
21 23 Feb 2010
Tarkine,
I'm hitting RMIT this week, and not doing University of Melbourne, as they have quite an effective AR group now.
However, if you phone me tomorrow, I'll give you details of who to speak to regarding this week.
Here's my number.
0402 580 338
ReplyQuote

Joannaoj Joannaoj United Kingdom Posts: 33
22 24 Feb 2010
Thanks for reminding me about this thread, Roy happy

Tarkine (or anyone else starting at Melbourne Uni this semester),

Come visit Cage Free Campus at the Clubs and Societies expo this Thursday 25th or Friday 26th Feb between 11am - 3pm. We'll have a stall there and will be signing up new members.

We'll be starting our weekly leafletting sessions soon too (probably next week) and will need lots of help with that throughout the semester. We are also holding a vegan bake sale next week and will be having our first general meeting of the year the week after.

If you can't make it, email us at We also have a Facebook group ("Cage-free campus - University of Melbourne") and a blog: cagefreecampus.blogspot.com
ReplyQuote

tarkine tarkine Iran Posts: 296
23 25 Feb 2010
Great, thanks guys - I'm in class at the mo, I'll drop over to the stall in the lunch break
ReplyQuote

JaimieCS JaimieCS VIC Posts: 363
24 3 Jul 2010
tarkine said:
I'm doing postgrad study part-time at Uni of Melbourne... I'm only on campus for a few days each semester though, for seminars - working f/t in the city. But it'd be great to know if there's an AR group of some kind, I might try to join... anyone else here at Uni Melb?
I'm at Melbourne..... I can't believe none of you mentioned the co-op!
Super cheap, delicious, filling foods and treats as well as bulk buy organic foodstuffs (lentils, legumes, teas, nuts, grains etc.) and shampoo/cleaning products.
The majority of the food is vegan, all vego, all tasty.

They run a few events during the year and are a good base for other animal rights/eco stuff on campus.

there's also all the relevant political groups/collectives/campaigns around campus. If you want a victorian uni with a strong activist/extra curricular/eco/anything really culture, melbourne is by far the best, probably followed by monash.
ReplyQuote

birdie birdie VIC Posts: 393
25 3 Jul 2010
is there a wholefoods at monash caulfield or only at the clayton campus? atm i am hoping to go there next year.. would be nice if there is..
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
26 4 Jul 2010
birdie said:
is there a wholefoods at monash caulfield or only at the clayton campus? atm i am hoping to go there next year.. would be nice if there is..
It's at Clayton only.  There are a number of other cafes around Caulfield, though none are specifically veg*n.

Remember that Wholefoods also has a grocery co-op, too!
ReplyQuote

afimelb afimelb VIC Posts: 141
27 4 Jul 2010
Laratilly13 said:
I'm thinking about going to Melbourne Uni.
Was wondering if it has much in terms of vegans, like vegan meal options, vegan groups, non animal testing policies.
every uni is fine dont pick based on that pick based on location and what course you want to do. for example im in the city and vegan food is everywhere. for melbourne animal testing polices im sure there is research involving animals at most unis. including mine :S
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
28 4 Jul 2010
I'm thinking of going to Melb Uni

and omg how cool does this dorm look!
http://www.medleyhall.unimelb.edu.au/
they really focus on the environment pluss the building looks just amazing!
ReplyQuote

afimelb afimelb VIC Posts: 141
29 4 Jul 2010
Francis said:
Mr Awesome said:
want to go to melbourne uni or La Trobe

but melbourne uni is hard to get in?
I'm at la trobe and if you're planning oin an arts degree (?) it's great. I'm doing philosophy, anthroplogy, literature and gender/sex/diversity. The latter being absolutely brilliant! It covers philosophy, sociology, [identity] politics, lit, anthroplogy all in one and a lot of it is about or helpful to social movements. So good.

As regard to food, no veg cafe/restuarant as far as i know but there is one that makes great vegan sandwiches, and indian restaruant/cafe with veg options, soy milk everywhere, a juice/soup/salad cafe/bar/whatever, several fast food type places with veg junk as well as a chinesestyle noodle joint. Some pretty satisfying stuff.
at la trobe bundoora there is a vegetarian cafe its expensive but yummy and homemade. there is labeling for vegan products find it !
ReplyQuote

birdie birdie VIC Posts: 393
30 4 Jul 2010
EJay said:
birdie said:
It's at Clayton only.  There are a number of other cafes around Caulfield, though none are specifically veg*n.

Remember that Wholefoods also has a grocery co-op, too!
Thanks Ejay =)
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au