Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

ethical hairdressers!

1 - 7 of 7 posts

f3xstar f3xstar NSW Posts: 212
1 22 Dec 2009
hey guys. do u know any ethical hairdressers where they have ethical hair extensions and stuff. i wanna b a hairdresser and make up artist and i think the idea of having an ethical cruelty free and vegan hair salonr would be the way to go esp for the rising amounts of vegans!
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 22 Dec 2009
There's one called Rising Angel who do hair, makeup, extensions & they are all about good ethics. They are in Brunswick, a few shops away from Radical Grocery happy
ReplyQuote

ChloeMB ChloeMB VIC Posts: 560
3 23 Dec 2009
No I don't, but that would be awesome, good luck!
ReplyQuote

f3xstar f3xstar NSW Posts: 212
4 23 Dec 2009
Kirrilly said:
There's one called Rising Angel who do hair, makeup, extensions & they are all about good ethics. They are in Brunswick, a few shops away from Radical Grocery happy
lol awesome!!! itd be good to get in more and im thinking VERY long term but eventually phase out  esp hair extensions derived from labour an dslavery etc and so that ppl have nice har and makeup but r guilt-free!
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
5 23 Dec 2009
Sounds like an interesting career path!

I'm sure there's some ethical places around, but you might find that unfortunately you have to work in one that's not, esp when you're doing your training and get experience.

There are also many salons that sell only De Lorenzo products so it might be worth checking them out too. www.delorenzo.com.au happy
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
6 23 Dec 2009
f3xstar said:
hey guys. do u know any ethical hairdressers where they have ethical hair extensions and stuff. i wanna b a hairdresser and make up artist and i think the idea of having an ethical cruelty free and vegan hair salonr would be the way to go esp for the rising amounts of vegans!
hun, if you did that except moved to SA i would love you for it and i would be your best customer  clap
ReplyQuote

advoc8 advoc8 SA Posts: 179
7 23 Dec 2009
ckimana said:
Sounds like an interesting career path!

I'm sure there's some ethical places around, but you might find that unfortunately you have to work in one that's not, esp when you're doing your training and get experience.

There are also many salons that sell only De Lorenzo products so it might be worth checking them out too. www.delorenzo.com.au happy
I have my hairdresser only use De Lorenzo colour in my hair. I wish she'd use it on all her clients. I keep suggesting it to her!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au