Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

domino's pizza

11 - 20 of 33 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
11 26 Dec 2009
When you look on a domino's box it says something like "even though a pizza may not have meat in the ingredients, we cannot say that it wont be 100% meat free when we make it"
ReplyQuote

xgronox xgronox VIC Posts: 107
12 26 Dec 2009
RaV3N said:
It would basically have no cheese.... I used to work at Dominoes (way back in the day... it was my first job) and I remember every Friday night a chick would come in and order a vegie pizza without the cheese. Back then when I had no understanding of what a vegan was I thought "what the?!" but now it makes sense happy
not trying to be a smart ass or anything, and im grateful for any responses, but my question had nothing to do with if the ingredients ON the pizza. it was more or less about the emulsifiers used in the pizza base. the ingredients list on the dominos website states that the pizza sauce, tomato sauce and a few other basics are vegan (the bbq sauce has anchovies. yuck), but the emulsifiers used in all their pizza bases CAN be animal derived (471,481,160a etc). In the allergen info on their site, it says none of their bases include milk/milk products or egg/egg products but that doesn't mean the emulsifiers are safe. i guess i should have made it clearer in my original post. im awaiting an email from them now regarding this issue. will post results once recieved.

if anyone wants it, here's a link to the dominos nutritional information site.
http://www.dominos.com.au/menu/nutritional/
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
13 27 Dec 2009
Funny I was just thinking about pizza yesterday and wondering if the base was still vegan. I heard years ago that some vegans ordered from there but couldn't remember if it was all the bases that were vegan or only one type?

I had a look at the nutritional chart but couldn't find anything about the bases???

BBQ sauce with anchovies! Yuck! Isn't most BBQ sauce vegan?
ReplyQuote

xgronox xgronox VIC Posts: 107
14 31 Dec 2009
*UPDATE*

[quote="Dominoes Pizza"]
Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry regarding our pizza bases. The only bases suitable for Vegans are Thin & Crispy, Puff and our new Gluten Free base. Our Classic and Deep Pan bases contain an emulsifier which is derived from lactic acid (sour milk).

Cheers,

Fiona

Fiona Ferrier
National Quality Manager
Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limited
Address l Level 8 TAB Building, 240 Sandgate Road, Albion  QLD  4010
Mobile l 0488192021l
Phone l 07 3633 3310 l Fax l 07 3633 3399
Email l
Web l www.dominos.com.au
[/quote]

so thin and crispy, puff pastry and gluten free is vegan
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
15 31 Dec 2009
im OBSESSED with vegan margarita pizza
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
16 2 Jan 2010
xgronox said:
*UPDATE*

[quote="Dominoes Pizza"]
Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry regarding our pizza bases. The only bases suitable for Vegans are Thin & Crispy, Puff and our new Gluten Free base. Our Classic and Deep Pan bases contain an emulsifier which is derived from lactic acid (sour milk).

Cheers,

Fiona

Fiona Ferrier
National Quality Manager
Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limited
Address l Level 8 TAB Building, 240 Sandgate Road, Albion  QLD  4010
Mobile l 0488192021l
Phone l 07 3633 3310 l Fax l 07 3633 3399
Email l
Web l www.dominos.com.au
so thin and crispy, puff pastry and gluten free is vegan
[/quote]

Thx! happy
ReplyQuote

Nelly! Nelly! QLD Posts: 237
17 2 Jan 2010
Does anyone know if pizza capers bases are vegan?
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
18 3 Mar 2010
It's so easy to make your own pizza... and they taste better. I don't even know why people bother with dominos pizza.. their thin crust is soggy, I'd rather get some pita bread, smack some tomato paste on it, and whatever I wanted on my pizza. Yummo! Making your own pizza dough with water yeast and flour is just as easy!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
19 3 Mar 2010
Jordan.- said:
When you look on a domino's box it says something like "even though a pizza may not have meat in the ingredients, we cannot say that it wont be 100% meat free when we make it"
They need to say this as on the production line first there is your sauce, then vegies, then cheese, then meat options, all very close to each other. I guess it's to cover their asses if a piece of bacon falls onto your pizza.
ReplyQuote

Buttons Buttons VIC Posts: 229
20 3 Mar 2010
RaV3N said:
Jordan.- said:
They need to say this as on the production line first there is your sauce, then vegies, then cheese, then meat options, all very close to each other. I guess it's to cover their asses if a piece of bacon falls onto your pizza.
And to cover their arses if someone ingests some shellfish or sommet and goes into anaphylactic shock!
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au