Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

domino's pizza

21 - 30 of 33 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
21 3 Mar 2010
I've got a thing for Domino's pizza at the moment! I haven't had takeaway pizza for about 3 years, since becoming vegan, but since finding out the thin'n'crispy base is vegan I've ordered the veg pizza w/o cheese heaps! But... just ask for extra vegetables!!! Delish!!!
ReplyQuote

Buttons Buttons VIC Posts: 229
22 3 Mar 2010
ckimana said:
I've got a thing for Domino's pizza at the moment! I haven't had takeaway pizza for about 3 years, since becoming vegan, but since finding out the thin'n'crispy base is vegan I've ordered the veg pizza w/o cheese heaps! But... just ask for extra vegetables!!! Delish!!!
Yep. A vegorama without cheese or sundried tomato, but with added pineapple and baby spinach. Perfect!
ReplyQuote

Shoogs Shoogs QLD Posts: 114
23 4 Mar 2010
I always used to find so much meat on my pizzas from these places that I gave up. That and they cut them using the same pizza cutter used on other pizzas.
I may be considered fussy and extreme because of that, but yeah... much happier making my own pizzas happy
ReplyQuote

24 5 Mar 2010
Shoogs said:
I always used to find so much meat on my pizzas from these places that I gave up. That and they cut them using the same pizza cutter used on other pizzas.
I may be considered fussy and extreme because of that, but yeah... much happier making my own pizzas happy
I know I was worried about that the first time I ordered! But I SCAN (Lol!) the whole pizza and all good!

But I do remember back in my vegetarian days finding some meat pieces. But the way I look at it, if I eat at a "omni" restaurant, the same thing happens anyway. If it's only a little bit I can pick it out, I'm more worried these days by dairy as I get crook if I consume any sad
ReplyQuote

25 5 Mar 2010
I went to NZ last year and they had this place called "Hells Pizza" and they do an unreal refried bean/veggie pizza! So yummy! Unfortunately they are only in NZ and some parts of Qld! I'd love to see a NSW store... I'd be their best customer!!!   ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Shelley-Sea-Shells Shelley-Sea-Shells QLD Posts: 48
26 10 Mar 2010
I also hate it when they accidentally put meat on my pizza! so i just make my own happy for anyone else wanting to make their own pizza's, here's a great recipe for vegans: (makes 2-3 pizza’s. You can halve ingredients to make less)

Ingredients:
5 cups plain flour
2 sachets of yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tbs oil
400 ml warm water
Tomato paste
Toppings of choice

Method:
Add yeast to small amount of warm water and stir. Once dissolved, top up to 400ml warm water and add to sifted dry ingredients. Knead until dough feels smooth and elasticy (5-15 minutes). Smooth into 2 or 3 pizza shapes (depending on size and thickness desired) and place on oven tray. Add toppings (I usually add tomato paste, garlic, onion, baby spinach leaves, tomato, pineapple, capsicum, mushrooms, olives, pumpkin, pine nuts and herbs).
Cook in oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes and then 3-5 minutes under the grill. YUMMY!!

thumb
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
27 18 Jul 2011
xgronox said:
*UPDATE*

[quote="Dominoes Pizza"]
Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry regarding our pizza bases. The only bases suitable for Vegans are Thin & Crispy, Puff and our new Gluten Free base. Our Classic and Deep Pan bases contain an emulsifier which is derived from lactic acid (sour milk).

Cheers,

Fiona

Fiona Ferrier
National Quality Manager
Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limited
Address l Level 8 TAB Building, 240 Sandgate Road, Albion  QLD  4010
Mobile l 0488192021l
Phone l 07 3633 3310 l Fax l 07 3633 3399
Email l
Web l www.dominos.com.au
so thin and crispy, puff pastry and gluten free is vegan
[/quote]

Ah thank you! I'm late to say thank you, hahaha. I was wondering about this the other day. Yay! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

28 18 Jul 2011
I bought a pizza maker a few months ago and it's brilliant! It doesn't even compared to Domino's anymore!

I can put whatever veggies/soy cheese on it as I want and it's great knowing that it's 100% vegan.

Definatley worth the purchase (not to mention the dollars saved).
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
29 18 Jul 2011
wow. i had no idea. ive always wondered about their  bases being vegan or not. will make a note of those that are.

I know as people are saying, its healthier and everyhting to make it at home. but i guess if your with friends or family and they order pizza, its easy to throw in a vegan one too 4 a night.

in saying that i dont usually buy fast food at all as they use my money to buy meat but id rather ppl buy the veg pizzas happy yes
ReplyQuote

NelliScarlet NelliScarlet VIC Posts: 64
30 2 Aug 2011
Omg that's unreal!! I just made a post about being a gluten intolerant vegetarian wanting to go vegan, and i LOVE their gluten free base!
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au