Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Red Rooster Vegan? Other suprisingly vegan food?

1 - 10 of 115 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  

Lauren Elizabeth Lauren Elizabeth QLD Posts: 93
1 26 Dec 2009
A friend of mine eats red rooster (I know right), but she said there was like a sundried tomato pasta you can get from Red Rooster that didnt have any animal ingredients and looked actually nice. I prob should suss it out - fast food is gross (and not supporting local) but very occasionally convenience prevails.

Does anyone know any common "eating out food" products that are genuinely vegan? I know a vegetarian that eats chiko rolls cause she thinks they are vegetarian. I would have no clue. The dominoes topic got me thinking...  I mean it would be great for us to be able to order from a normal takeaway restaurant sometimes if someone on here could verify that it was Vegan or at least "how to order" so that it is made vegan.

Here is another one - Hell Pizza (1300Hell i think) has a Vegan option pizza yeh! it says Vegan on the menu! no phone calls, no verifying online! it has refried beans and its yummy. they deliver too, yes Vegan food delivered - umm Hell yeah! lol
ReplyQuote

Rosie Wolf Rosie Wolf VIC Posts: 163
2 26 Dec 2009
I'm surprised your friend has never thought to actually check the ingredients in a Chiko roll! Maybe she deliberately avoided finding out so she could continue eating them? Chiko rolls contain not only animal fat but also beef or mutton. You should probably let her know she's been eating meat this entire time when she could have just looked on the back of the packet and would have known. Urghhh, how gross!
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
3 26 Dec 2009
The only takeaway I usually eat is LoTF or Subway (which can easily be made vegan and is healthy, yay ). But most of the time Asian takeaway places will have a vegan option, such as noodles with mixed vegetables and sometimes tofu. And I believe (real) japanese fried rice doesn't have meat or egg in it, i could be wrong.
ReplyQuote

Ruin Ruin VIC Posts: 198
4 27 Dec 2009
Kirrilly said:
The only takeaway I usually eat is LoTF or Subway (which can easily be made vegan and is healthy, yay ). But most of the time Asian takeaway places will have a vegan option, such as noodles with mixed vegetables and sometimes tofu. And I believe (real) japanese fried rice doesn't have meat or egg in it, i could be wrong.
Subway is Vegan? Last time I asked every bread and sauce had egg or dairy. I seriously need to get to Lord of the Fries
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
5 27 Dec 2009
Unleashed Admin
Ruin said:
Subway is Vegan? Last time I asked every bread and sauce had egg or dairy. I seriously need to get to Lord of the Fries
I've never asked about the breads, but I can't imagine that the marinara sauce has egg or dairy in it. And really, who would want any other sauce when you can have marinara? tongue
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
6 27 Dec 2009
the white bread is vegan only the white
ReplyQuote

7 27 Dec 2009
Raah said:
I'm surprised your friend has never thought to actually check the ingredients in a Chiko roll! Maybe she deliberately avoided finding out so she could continue eating them? Chiko rolls contain not only animal fat but also beef or mutton. You should probably let her know she's been eating meat this entire time when she could have just looked on the back of the packet and would have known. Urghhh, how gross!
yeh I said that.. why else does it smell like a sausage roll ?! I think cause she works in industrial area, the hot boxes and takeway ladies have them premade with no ingredients on anything for her to read. No excuse hey, but its hard with friends that are already trying, i dont like going too hard on them.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
8 27 Dec 2009
jack said:
the white bread is vegan only the white
I heard the white and wheat roll are vegan.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
9 27 Dec 2009
Lauren_xoxo said:
A friend of mine eats red rooster (I know right), but she said there was like a sundried tomato pasta you can get from Red Rooster that didnt have any animal ingredients and looked actually nice. I prob should suss it out - fast food is gross (and not supporting local) but very occasionally convenience prevails.

Does anyone know any common "eating out food" products that are genuinely vegan? I know a vegetarian that eats chiko rolls cause she thinks they are vegetarian. I would have no clue. The dominoes topic got me thinking...  I mean it would be great for us to be able to order from a normal takeaway restaurant sometimes if someone on here could verify that it was Vegan or at least "how to order" so that it is made vegan.

Here is another one - Hell Pizza (1300Hell i think) has a Vegan option pizza yeh! it says Vegan on the menu! no phone calls, no verifying online! it has refried beans and its yummy. they deliver too, yes Vegan food delivered - umm Hell yeah! lol
I had Hells vegan pizza when I was in NZ... it was absolutely delicious!! I even ate the whole pizza in one sitting. Lol!  ecstatic There are some branches in Qld too, I wish they were in NSW sad
ReplyQuote

10 27 Dec 2009
Oh no! I thought Hell Pizza were Australia Wide!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au