Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Bonsoy Soymilk Recalled

1 - 9 of 9 posts

Rosie Wolf Rosie Wolf VIC Posts: 163
1 27 Dec 2009
Not sure if anyone else heard about this on the news, but here's the link anyway.

www.news.com.au/.../bonsoy-milk.../story-e6frfku0-1225813295916

Pretty serious, glad i've never drunk the stuff.
ReplyQuote

Nathanael Nathanael VIC Posts: 211
2 27 Dec 2009
Apparently it was only this last batch that was like that.
ReplyQuote

Rosie Wolf Rosie Wolf VIC Posts: 163
3 27 Dec 2009
Really? When i heard it on the news the official statement from Food Standards Australia, they said it was actually one of the ingredients causing it. The seaweed they add to the milk, and that they weren't even sure why Bonsoy were adding the seaweed to the milk at all. the people who got the most sick from it, have been drinking the high iodine formula for months now according to the story, that wouldn't just be from the one batch.
ReplyQuote

CUPCAKES! CUPCAKES! VIC Posts: 177
4 27 Dec 2009
That's disapointing, i loved Bonsoy
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
5 27 Dec 2009
Why was a new born drinking it? Doesn't it say not to feed it to kids under 2 on the side? (I know it does with other brands)
ReplyQuote

Nathanael Nathanael VIC Posts: 211
6 28 Dec 2009
Raah said:
Really? When i heard it on the news the official statement from Food Standards Australia, they said it was actually one of the ingredients causing it. The seaweed they add to the milk, and that they weren't even sure why Bonsoy were adding the seaweed to the milk at all. the people who got the most sick from it, have been drinking the high iodine formula for months now according to the story, that wouldn't just be from the one batch.
Yeah, it's still a bit up in the air, but it does appear that the particular type of seaweed is to blame.. although once again apparently even that couldn't fully explain the problem in this last batch (or maybe batches?). Can anyone find out how much iodine there is in kombi seaweed usually?
ReplyQuote

xgronox xgronox VIC Posts: 107
7 28 Dec 2009
bonsoy is so delicious. but yeah pretty much all soy milk states on it that its unsuitable for children under 2 yrs
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
8 2 Jan 2010
yes children under 2 shouldn't have it (but then i thought it was for soy,rice and even dairy )
i think its more a cover our butt type thing but they shouldn't have it has a main milk source until after the age of two
ReplyQuote

Ward Ward VIC Posts: 94
9 3 Jan 2010
sarah-moo said:
yes children under 2 shouldn't have it (but then i thought it was for soy,rice and even dairy )
i think its more a cover our butt type thing but they shouldn't have it has a main milk source until after the age of two
Yeah I think with most milk products and subsitutes that they state it shouldn't be the main milk source for under two years. Remeber folks, breast is best!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au