Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

The China Study

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

strutty strutty QLD Posts: 87
1 2 Jan 2010
So Ive finally gotten round to reading this book. All I can say is WOW, am i so incredibly glad Im a vegan! Id really recommend reading this book and then buying/loaning this to anyone you really care about...also if you know people that are not veg, but are perhaps health conscious, this might just be a turning point for them.

Also Happy New year all happy Let this be an awesome year for animal rights!
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
2 2 Jan 2010
I bought it for my mum, so haven't had a chance to read it yet. Is it still worth a read for vegans or is it aimed more towards non-vegs?
ReplyQuote

3 2 Jan 2010
still definitely worth the read. Gives a really good overview about other aspects of nutrition as well, like carbs, fats, etc and how they effect things. Id recommend it to anyone regardless of their diet, but  I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to this kind of stuff tho!
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
4 2 Jan 2010
Cool, thx happy
ReplyQuote

fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me VIC Posts: 376
5 2 Jan 2010
strutty said:
still definitely worth the read. Gives a really good overview about other aspects of nutrition as well, like carbs, fats, etc and how they effect things. Id recommend it to anyone regardless of their diet, but  I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to this kind of stuff tho!
It might be a step back but if you ilke this sort of thing, you should grab yourself a copy of 'Eating Animals' by Jonathon Saffran-Foer. More about factory farming but does get into health a little too. Heaps of interesting facts!
ReplyQuote

6 2 Jan 2010
Thanks luv, that one is definitely on my wish list!
ReplyQuote

Lauren Elizabeth Lauren Elizabeth QLD Posts: 93
7 5 Jan 2010
got it for my mum and its certainly made an impact. its fantastically written and has great information about our health and diet that makes just too much sense. I mean I havent been sick with the flu (except swine flu virus) since being vegan... what does that say in itself? I used to have the flu at least twice to three times a year even with just a vegetarian +cheese diet. the problem was the dairy.

The book does cover aspects where animal research was used, but I stll promote this book.

t Nelly from this forum has a funny pic she should post of these fat people asking vegans where they get their protein from, with puzzled looks. LOL.

I think Animal Liberation NSW has it for $25 ?
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
8 23 Sep 2010
I am thinking of buying this for my boyfriends Mum & Step Dad, his mum has osteoporosis and his Dad, diet related diabetes...
Do you think it's a weird gift ?
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
9 23 Sep 2010
Woohoo! That's awesome. =) I want a copy. Can it be purchased in Dymocks/Angus&Robertson?
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
10 23 Sep 2010
Valkyrie Uruz said:
Woohoo! That's awesome. =) I want a copy. Can it be purchased in Dymocks/Angus&Robertson?
Yep checked Dymocks online and it's there! But cheaper on the Animal Lib site!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au