Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Quotes for a Vegan Tattoo?

1 - 10 of 52 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  

Vegan Zombie. Vegan Zombie. SA Posts: 130
1 4 Jan 2010
Hey guys, so I've recently turned 18 and I'd really like to get a tattoo on my arm that expresses my passion for being a vegan. I'm thinking of getting a quote along my inner arm in some nice writing, but I'm yet to find one that seems fitting. Does anyone know or have some quotes about veganism or animal welfare that they could suggest? happy

(p.s I'm aware that a lot of tattoo inks aren't vegan, I'm going to either a tattooist who uses vegan ink, or one who can get some in.)
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
2 4 Jan 2010
ooooo

what were you thinking in terms of placement? like, i've seen a few tattoos on inner forearms parallel to the wrist (but further up the arm closer to the elbow) if that makes sense?

for tattoos inspired by veganism, i think if you're going with words its best to just get the word tattooed itself: vegan. or, you could go a little further if its still keeping with your beliefs; non-violence, animal liberation etc.

quotes are hard 'cause so many are so long and involved... but then again if it is REALLY long and involved, and say covers your whole inner forearm, that could look pretay cool too.

but anyway, are you 100% dead-set on just words? there are so many cool symbols you can get for veganism if you wanted to use them.

oh and btw, i'm so so happy another tattoo thread has been started.  cool
ReplyQuote

Vegan Zombie. Vegan Zombie. SA Posts: 130
3 4 Jan 2010
I'm going to be getting the word "vegan" tattooed on the back of my neck. but I really love the way script tattoos look, hence the reason for wanting one on my arm. I also think that a strong meaningful quote might bring up some interesting conversations. tongue not that "vegan" wouldnt either.

So far I'm thinking between

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

and

"The question is not, Can they reason?
nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? "

I'm thinking of getting it placed a horizontally along my arm, kind of like this : http://bme.com/tattoo/A91216/high/jzuf-perks-of-being-a.jpg
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
4 5 Jan 2010
i have on my back "this ugly yet beautiful world"
its a name of an anime series that i think is very appropriate.

you can find quotes anywhere good luck with finding the perfect one
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
5 5 Jan 2010
"how about I eat you" LOL
cruelty free zone
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
6 5 Jan 2010
I saw the most epically beauiful tat the other day
My friends friend had one on his forearm. Read straight it says "BREATHE" yet read sideways it says "MUSIC"
I can't even explain how it was done... it was just very artistic.

ANYWAY once you get your tat, dont forget to join this facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/friends/?mutual&id=687740516#/group.php?gid=342964775561&ref=mf
and i'll vote for ya
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
7 5 Jan 2010
Maybe "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter" although looking at that now it's kind of long. lol
So better yet "My bodies not a graveyard"
ReplyQuote

Natty Natty NSW Posts: 80
8 5 Jan 2010
Where do you live? There is a guy in Melb who uses vegan Ink.I had to buy mine online and then take it to the tattoo guy cause he didnt even know what was in his ink. sad On my searched i found SABLE INKS.. they are Australian and vegan happy I wanna get a tat that shows my pride in being vegan too..  i was thinking of getting the V with the flower and PRIDE under it or something.. hah woop woop

EDIT: I also think pawprints would look cute too.. maybe something working on the idea of being hand in hand with animals, or walking on the same earth.. hah did that make sense?
ReplyQuote

mushroomfeilds mushroomfeilds SA Posts: 320
9 5 Jan 2010
Vegan Zombie. said:
"The question is not, Can they reason?
nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? "
THIS ONEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wouldnt get vegan tatooed on me incase something happens that means i cant be anymore, i plan on being vegan forever dont worry happy. but yea having a quote like that is a radd idea.
and that quote applies to every field of veganism not just food industries there for it is win.
and it inspires thought so it would cause some cool discussions
ReplyQuote

Lauren Elizabeth Lauren Elizabeth QLD Posts: 93
10 5 Jan 2010
Vegan Zombie. said:
Hey guys, so I've recently turned 18 and I'd really like to get a tattoo on my arm that expresses my passion for being a vegan. I'm thinking of getting a quote along my inner arm in some nice writing, but I'm yet to find one that seems fitting. Does anyone know or have some quotes about veganism or animal welfare that they could suggest? happy

(p.s I'm aware that a lot of tattoo inks aren't vegan, I'm going to either a tattooist who uses vegan ink, or one who can get some in.)
I just want to say that you are awesome  clap you need to post a pic once u get it too ok I would love to see it!

I know no one would probably actually get this but I think Roots of Compassion store sells these cool shirts with a cow logo face saying "how about I eat you f*cker?" (I love wearing that shirt...)  that logo would make a hilarious tat lol, maybe henna though haha

heres the link http://www.rootsofcompassion.org/index.php?cat=c112_T-Shirts.html
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au