Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan school shoes in Canberra?

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
1 6 Jan 2010
So I'm moving to Melbourne thus moving schools, and this new school requires black t-bar or lace-up "leather" shoes as part of the uniform. I know of a few shops in Melbourne that sell vegan school shoes, but I won't be back to Melbourne until a few days before school starts, so I was wondering if anybody knew of anywhere in Canberra that sells them?
I've googled but I can't find anything D:
Thanks for any help!
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 6 Jan 2010
You should be able to get them in Kmart or Target usually? Check the labels, they are probably synthetic, & cheap too.
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
3 6 Jan 2010
I had to get some for work the other day. K-Mart was sheet - most seemed to have "leather uppers." At Target though, many were 100% synthetic.

Looking forward though to get a pair from Vegan Wares for school next year, in Melbourne.
ReplyQuote

Hayley. J Hayley. J VIC Posts: 143
4 6 Jan 2010
Matt.  Y said:
I had to get some for work the other day. K-Mart was sheet - most seemed to have "leather uppers." At Target though, many were 100% synthetic.

Looking forward though to get a pair from Vegan Wares for school next year, in Melbourne.
I think that's a good idea, just get a pair from target or something, then when they wear out, you can go to Vegan Wears happy I can't wait until my leather T-bars fall apart so I can invest in a nice pair of cruelty free school shoes ecstatic  clap clap
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
5 7 Jan 2010
Thanks for that guys, I'll see what I can find (:
ReplyQuote

Natty Natty NSW Posts: 80
6 7 Jan 2010
I went to target and k mart and big w aaand payless and all were leather.. i had to get granny shoes that look like the ones they sell at the chemist for work! ill have another look at target tho, they didnt have school shoes when i went there..
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
7 7 Jan 2010
Natty said:
I went to target and k mart and big w aaand payless and all were leather.. i had to get granny shoes that look like the ones they sell at the chemist for work! ill have another look at target tho, they didnt have school shoes when i went there..
hahaha aww

if you want, you can order from Vegan Wares online:

http://www.veganwares.com/

desperate times call for desperate measures. and granny shoes are desperate times!
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
8 7 Jan 2010
Matt.  Y said:
if you want, you can order from Vegan Wares online:

http://www.veganwares.com/
Plus - Vegan Wares are amazing.  I just bought some hiking boots from them and they are the most comfortable things I have ever put on my feet!  They are expensive but such amazing quality that it's worth it (aside from being worth it for the obvious veganness and supporting a vegan company)
ReplyQuote

Aweso_ me Aweso_ me VIC Posts: 280
9 8 Jan 2010
hope u find some, im trying to find some too
ReplyQuote

Cj Cj NSW Posts: 378
10 9 Jan 2010
Are you allowed to wear shoes like Macbeth?
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au