Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

How could anyone do something like this!?!

1 - 9 of 9 posts

Vegan Zombie. Vegan Zombie. SA Posts: 130
1 11 Jan 2010
I haven't been this angry/disgusted/upset in quite a while... I work for Cheap as Chips, (its a discount supermarket for those in the states that don't have it), and a woman that I know who also works for them, found an approx. 2 week old kitten yesterday... that someone had just dumped in the pet supplies section...

It's barely old enough to walk.. and someone just dumped it there. Whats worse is that the poor thing is covered in burns.. she took it to the vet, and they said they think that someone had put a firecracker up its behind..

They don't know if its going to survive or not, because its so young and the burns are pretty serious.

Its things like this that make me feel disgusted to be a part of the human race. How on earth could ANYONE find doing something like that to another living creature FUN. It completely baffles me how anybody could be so heartless towards another life.

Aagh... I just really needed to vent.
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
2 11 Jan 2010
thats just plain nasty i hope someone puts a fire cracker up their butt
im so tired of hearing this kind of thing
i mean yay good for you great way to prove your a man by hurting a tiny innocent animal.

they need to toughen the laws most cases people who harm animals are well on their way to harming humans or worse
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
3 11 Jan 2010
Wow... Just... Wow... ):
I have no words for people like that.
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
4 11 Jan 2010
This is, sadly, probably done by some macho guys, probably drunk on beer, who think hurting animals is funny. And there are a lot in Australia -sigh-
And for someone to dump it in a store...it's just plain wrong. At least take it to a vet or shelter or pet store if you must dump it.

This story has made me very sad  sad
ReplyQuote

Hayley. J Hayley. J VIC Posts: 143
5 11 Jan 2010
Vegan Zombie. said:
Its things like this that make me feel disgusted to be a part of the human race. How on earth could ANYONE find doing something like that to another living creature FUN. It completely baffles me how anybody could be so heartless towards another life.
I'm totally with you on that one- I don't even know what to say. I mean, I freak out if I accidentally bump into my dog- I just hate how people don't see that animals breathe, feel, bleed, love and fear just like we do and are engage in such sick acts  >:I

Come to think of it, that reminds me of a while ago when my mum and my sister found a cat lying in the gutter in front of our house that had severe burns and lack of skin to one side of it's face. They tried to catch it to get it to a vet, but it ran away and it's just sad how now those animals have a huge fear of people, and they'll do a lot to avoid coming in contact with anyone again...
ReplyQuote

Jojo Jojo VIC Posts: 175
6 11 Jan 2010
humanity has seriously gone wrong somewhere along the line.  We're making a total mess of the planet and the horrendous things that we make non-human animals endure is just sickening, and yet most people just could not give a stuff.  What makes it even worse is that people that try and expose these horrors and help animals are often seen as the 'extreme' ones, and the fact that most of these monsters are actually inside of the law and nothing can be done, yet activists are now seen as terrorists in some eyes is crazy.  The human race just does not make sense.

I'd like to get my hands on the people that did that to that little kitten, poor little mite I hope he's ok.
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
7 11 Jan 2010
Ugh :/ that's disgusting. I don't understand some people sometimes. They're egos are way too big or they haven't evolved and are still acting like pathetic cavemen.
It's something like that.
Seriously people who can do that sort of stuff and not feel anything whatsoever, well they're obviously mentally impaired. Really.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
8 11 Jan 2010
This is what makes me hate people sad
ReplyQuote

Georgie Georgie VIC Posts: 58
9 12 Jan 2010
I suppose it's some compensation that acts such as this are condemned by society in general and are illegal. What I can't stand though is that it is still legal and, in many circles, condoned to go out and shoot rabbits and foxes in the name of sport or environmental reasons. Foxes and rabbits can't help that they were brought into non-native territory!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au