Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Please take the pledge never to buy Kangaroo or Wildlife products!

1 - 10 of 17 posts   1 | 2  

Vegan4Animals Vegan4Animals VIC Posts: 63
1 22 Jan 2010
Each year, millions of kangaroos are butchered for their meat, skin and fur. These docile herbivorous creatures which are an integral part of the Australian ecosystem and have roamed Australia’s vast landscape for thousands of years are brutally killed for nothing other than profit.

If you are shocked at how Australia treats it's national emblem and agree that kangaroos should be protected and preserved, please sign our pledge below.

http://www.actnowforanimals.com/pledge.aspx
ReplyQuote

Stephanie Stephanie VIC Posts: 15
2 22 Jan 2010
It is a touchy subject and I'm not trying to tred on toes I am just stating facts, kangaroos get culled because they are pests in the country.

If the government could find a way to relocate them or something that would be fantastic, but it's such a large problem that without the government I don't think anything could really be done to stop it.
ReplyQuote

ChloeMB ChloeMB VIC Posts: 560
3 22 Jan 2010
I signed it.
I know that the kangaroos are becoming a problem, but I don't think killing them is the solution to that.
There are twice as many kangaroos as people, or something like that. But there must be a more humane way of dealing with this problem.
ReplyQuote

Mikey Mikey NSW Posts: 104
4 22 Jan 2010
Stephanie said:
It is a touchy subject and I'm not trying to tred on toes I am just stating facts, kangaroos get culled because they are pests in the country.

If the government could find a way to relocate them or something that would be fantastic, but it's such a large problem that without the government I don't think anything could really be done to stop it.
Where are your facts coming from? An industry that profits millions from culling kangaroo's? Or the whiny farmers who take up far too much of the kangaroo's land and farm destructive hard hoofed animals on land that wasn't meant for them? Or are they from the trigger happy Australian government who don't care one bit about its national emblem?
ReplyQuote

5 22 Jan 2010
I completely agree with you jayjay.

And Mikey if you want to be ignorant and disregard the fact that they are pests, then you are no help to the cause.
ReplyQuote

6 22 Jan 2010
Stephanie said:

And Mikey if you want to be ignorant and disregard the fact that they are pests, then you are no help to the cause.
No help to what cause?
ReplyQuote

7 22 Jan 2010
Mikey said:
Stephanie said:

No help to what cause?
You just proved my point.
ReplyQuote

Vegan4Animals Vegan4Animals VIC Posts: 63
8 22 Jan 2010
Thanks to all those who have signed, please know it is not the Kangaroos who are becoming a problem, its the people who are killing them who are the problem!
Do I have to remind you what happened to the Tasmainian Tiger because of these problem people?
ReplyQuote

9 22 Jan 2010
lisa66 said:
Thanks to all those who have signed, please know it is not the Kangaroos who are becoming a problem, its the people who are killing them who are the problem!
Do I have to remind you what happened to the Tasmainian Tiger because of these problem people?
Keep up the good work for the kangaroos Lisa happy
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
10 22 Jan 2010
im pretty sure animals australia is appaled at the fact that the kangaroo cull happens they used to have a leaflet on the subject
kangarro numbers have not been recorded in years so it is hard to tell how many animals do actually exist .

this is an animal welfare/rights forum not a forum supporting slaughetring an inncoent animal
SAVE SKIPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au