Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

PETA accreditation criteria

Critera PETA use to put companies on their cruelty free list

1 - 1 of 1 posts

SueM SueM VIC Posts: 38
1 29 Mar 2019
I asked PETA what their approval criteria is and they emailed me the following....

Dear Susan,

Thank you for contacting PETA.    

All companies that are included on PETA's cruelty-free list have signed PETA's statement of assurance or submitted a statement verifying that neither they nor their ingredient suppliers conduct, commission, or pay for any tests on animals for ingredients, formulations, or finished products.

The parent company of a company on our cruelty-free list does not have to be cruelty-free.

Large corporations now recognize the expanding market of compassionate consumers who want cruelty-free food, cosmetics, and clothing. We hope that companies that have a no-testing policy will persuade other companies to abandon animal tests across the board.

We do check that there is no third party testing for companies that are listed as cruelty-free on our Beauty Without Bunnies list. When we learn that a company sells products in China, they are removed from our cruelty-free list and added to our list of companies that do test on animals.

(So it all sounds really good apart from the fact that a brand can be approved even though their parent company tests their other brands. This is rather disappointing. I dont see them as being truly cruelty free. Id rather stick with the CCF list)
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au