Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Recipe, anyone??

11 - 14 of 14 posts   1 | 2  

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
11 2 Jul 2009
ROCHELLES FABULOUS RECIPE FOR DELICIOUS POLENTA CHIPS
(always a favourite in my family)

On a stove, heat a tablespoons of nuttelex and 2 cloves of crushed garlic. When the butter is melted, add two cups of Massel chicken stock (massel is 100% vegan) OR 2 cups of water with 3 tablespoons of Massel powder.
Add 2 cups of polenta and stir quickly. You may need to add more of the stock, but the aim is to get thick, pasty, cooked polenta (lots of taste testing may be required happy )

Line a tray (with sides at least 4cm high) with baking paper. Scoop the polenta into the tray and spread so that it looks like you have made a yellow sheet cake. It should be about 2-3cm thick.
Let it set in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Okay now, with a knife, cut the polenta sheet into rectangles (chips). Separate them and put them on another lined baking tray and brush with oil. Cook in the oven until they look crispy.

They're absolutely delicious with sweet chilli sauce. happy
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
12 2 Jul 2009
.ellehcoR said:
mmmmmmmmmmm sounds so yumm!! ty rochelle!

i think it may be a bit too advanced for me though lol. lucky there is always Mum happy
ReplyQuote

Farron Farron VIC Posts: 18
13 3 Jul 2009
I'm really liking this at the moment. It is a type of Macaroni Cheese:

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=8295.0

Just it is american so instead of doing the oven at 350 Fahrenheit, it is 180 celcius. Then when it calls for Vegesal I just used Nuttelex. I also used Tamari instead of Soy Sauce as I felt it tasted better. Then when it calls for nutritional yeast, I used 'Lotus Savory Yeast Flakes', which you should be able to find at a health food shop. I also chose to put mustard in it, and I went with american mustard.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
14 4 Jul 2009
.ellehcoR said:
(always a favourite in my family)

On a stove, heat a tablespoons of nuttelex and 2 cloves of crushed garlic. When the butter is melted, add two cups of Massel chicken stock (massel is 100% vegan) OR 2 cups of water with 3 tablespoons of Massel powder.
Add 2 cups of polenta and stir quickly. You may need to add more of the stock, but the aim is to get thick, pasty, cooked polenta (lots of taste testing may be required happy )

Line a tray (with sides at least 4cm high) with baking paper. Scoop the polenta into the tray and spread so that it looks like you have made a yellow sheet cake. It should be about 2-3cm thick.
Let it set in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Okay now, with a knife, cut the polenta sheet into rectangles (chips). Separate them and put them on another lined baking tray and brush with oil. Cook in the oven until they look crispy.

They're absolutely delicious with sweet chilli sauce. happy
OMG Rochelle
so good
yum yum yum  yum
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au