Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Calling All Victorians to Protest a Rodeo!

1 - 10 of 54 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  

Vegan4Animals Vegan4Animals VIC Posts: 63
1 6 Feb 2010
There will be a rodeo in my small town of Whittlesea Vic on Saturday 27th Feb 2010.
I am planning to turn up to stand outside the venue holding a banner of showing the cruelties of rodeos.
Would anyone be able to join me as at this stage I am on my own.
Please let me know, it will be held at the Whittlesea showgrounds and gates open at 3pm so I plan to be there at 2.30pm.
Oh and if anyone who can make it could bring a banner showing or telling of the cruelties of rodeos, that would be great, at this stage I have 5 banners.
Also I am hoping to get someone to come along who would be willing to go inside the venue with a video recorder to tape any cruelties that WILL happen.
Thanks,
Lisa Rees
megaphone megaphone megaphone megaphone

--
EDIT: Please, avoid all-caps titles, thanks!
ReplyQuote

Karen Karen United States Posts: 1012
2 6 Feb 2010
Unleashed Admin
Good on you!

Make sure you also write to your local papers and council and let them know why you oppose the rodeo.  Who knows, your local paper might even report on your protest and help get the word out!

peace
ReplyQuote

d-i-am-ond d-i-am-ond WA Posts: 342
3 7 Feb 2010
lisa66 said:
There will be a rodeo in my small town of Whittlesea Vic on Saturday 27th Feb 2010.
I am planning to turn up to stand outside the venue holding a banner of showing the cruelties of rodeos.
Would anyone be able to join me as at this stage I am on my own.
Please let me know, it will be held at the Whittlesea showgrounds and gates open at 3pm so I plan to be there at 2.30pm.
Oh and if anyone who can make it could bring a banner showing or telling of the cruelties of rodeos, that would be great, at this stage I have 5 banners.
Also I am hoping to get someone to come along who would be willing to go inside the venue with a video recorder to tape any cruelties that WILL happen.
Thanks,
Lisa Rees
megaphone megaphone megaphone megaphone

--
EDIT: Please, avoid all-caps titles, thanks!
Oh I so wish I could teleport!!!

I'd go inside and record but I'm obviously not in the same state.

Sorry!
Good luck!!!
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
4 7 Feb 2010
Me and Jack want to come but we need a lift from either South East area or inner city. Can anyone help us??  sad
ReplyQuote

5 7 Feb 2010
Karen said:
Good on you!

Make sure you also write to your local papers and council and let them know why you oppose the rodeo.  Who knows, your local paper might even report on your protest and help get the word out!

peace
Yes I have emailed my local paper and I will contact them again because I really want them to be there.
ReplyQuote

Ruin Ruin VIC Posts: 198
6 8 Feb 2010
I'd like to come happy
ReplyQuote

7 8 Feb 2010
Ruin said:
I'd like to come happy
That would be so cool, are you able to make it?
ReplyQuote

8 10 Feb 2010
Great response activists!
ReplyQuote

Ruin Ruin VIC Posts: 198
9 11 Feb 2010
lisa66 said:
Ruin said:
I'd like to come happy
That would be so cool, are you able to make it?
I'm on the southside of Melb. I need a lift like Aimee and Jack sad
ReplyQuote

10 15 Feb 2010
Today I had confirmation from the media that they are interested in interviewing me regarding this protest.

Unfortunately, everybody has told me they MIGHT come or are NOT coming.

I am afraid that if I do not get any activists interested in attending this protest, I am going to have to cancel it.

I do not want the movement to look stupid when the media turn up and see me protesting on my own.

FYI to everyone who says Whittlesea is too far for them to travel, it is not far from Roxbough park where AA is having the protest against the Ringlings Bros circus.

I have even offered to pick people up from the Epping train station but that is out of the question for some.

I will be so disappointed if the rodeo win this one because its TOO FAR for Animal activists to travel!  sad
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au