Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

can faux leather smell?

11 - 16 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
11 29 Mar 2010
Alyssa said:
thanks guys happy that was what i had read on the internet but then there were also a few conflicting reports.......why anyone would want a faux leather item to smell of leather is beyond me! I might try and find out specifically, but if not I might trust the label.
If making synthetic leather smell like real leather makes people more inclined to buy it.. I say let them!
ReplyQuote

mushroomfeilds mushroomfeilds SA Posts: 320
12 29 Mar 2010
if something is leather it will almost ALWAYS say it is, leather is much more expensive than synthetics so if anything shop owners will be selling synthetics as leather rather than the other way round, else they would be losing money not making it.
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
13 30 Mar 2010
Maybe most people enjoy the smell of leather. The point of faux-leather is it is to be as close as possible to real leather, so maybe they made it smell LIKE leather to make it even more realistic.
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
14 30 Mar 2010
..LollyBean.. said:
if something is leather it will almost ALWAYS say it is, leather is much more expensive than synthetics so if anything shop owners will be selling synthetics as leather rather than the other way round, else they would be losing money not making it.
I totally agree with this.
ReplyQuote

TofuUnleashed TofuUnleashed TAS Posts: 986
15 13 Sep 2010
Jesse said:
I ordered something online a while ago that I thought was faux leather. When I received it I was very disturbed by the smell too... and so I started doubting it was faux. But I did some googling and found that it was indeed faux.

So I wouldn't be surprised if faux leather is sometimes 'scented' to smell like the real thing. There's a whole science to flavour additives and product fragrants. The fact it smells like leather may mean it's real, but if it says it's fake, then it probably just mean that they doused it in some chemical concoction that makes it smell like leather...
What exactly does leather smell like? tongue
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
16 13 Sep 2010
TofuUnleashed said:
Jesse said:
I ordered something online a while ago that I thought was faux leather. When I received it I was very disturbed by the smell too... and so I started doubting it was faux. But I did some googling and found that it was indeed faux.

So I wouldn't be surprised if faux leather is sometimes 'scented' to smell like the real thing. There's a whole science to flavour additives and product fragrants. The fact it smells like leather may mean it's real, but if it says it's fake, then it probably just mean that they doused it in some chemical concoction that makes it smell like leather...
What exactly does leather smell like? tongue
It's hard to explain, but suffice to say it isn't all that nice, and you know it when you smell it.
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au