Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Saigon the Elephant

1 - 5 of 5 posts

emileee emileee NSW Posts: 514
1 15 Mar 2010
Has anyone else been on the Perry Bros Circus page an read about Saigon ?http://www.perrybroscircus.com.au/page7.htm

This Lorraine Maynard really feels that she is doing the best for saigon (in her opinion ofcourse). But this coment really stood out to me
                           "Animals in their natural habitat - what a truly wonderful thought but sadly  a unrealistic one. Mans greed and uncaring nature has taken away what God provided".

This was spoken by Lorraine Maynard owner of saigon. Dont you think that sentence contradicts its self? Anyway i also found a petition to 'keep Saigon with her family at Perry Bros'. 1017 people have signed to keep that poor elephant at that circus? What were they thinking?   ...   idiots.
ReplyQuote

ChloeMB ChloeMB VIC Posts: 560
2 15 Mar 2010
That other petition would have been very cleverly done . . . making it seem like it was good if the elephant stayed with them, the 'family'. But yeah, I think it's absolute crap.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
3 15 Mar 2010
depends on how u think about it really... honsetly i dont know what to think about this situation anymores, im too confused :S
ReplyQuote

krystaljadexvx krystaljadexvx QLD Posts: 259
4 16 Mar 2010
i thought she was finally retired? i got an email about it a few days ago from AA.
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
5 16 Mar 2010
4_da_animals1 said:
depends on how u think about it really... honsetly i dont know what to think about this situation anymores, im too confused :S
just let the facts speak for themselves.

when Saigon is on the road, the majority of the time she is either inside a stuffy trailer, or subject to the elements tied up by a highway alone.

i don't know a lot about elephants, but i can see this obviously isn't good enough.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au