Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Do you too refuse to purchase kangaroo?

1 - 10 of 13 posts   1 | 2  

Mikey Mikey NSW Posts: 104
1 23 Mar 2010

Bring Jess the Horizon Bring Jess the Horizon WA Posts: 60
2 24 Mar 2010
signed happy
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
3 24 Mar 2010
Done happy
ReplyQuote

4 24 Mar 2010
Thanks so much happy
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
5 24 Mar 2010
But don't campaigns like this - such as too the Adidas/Kangaroo leather petition - just encourage business to switch to cow leather? Like, I see no objection in the petition to cow skin. Is there a reason for this?

Not attacking - just wondering. happy
ReplyQuote

annabellaar annabellaar NSW Posts: 43
6 24 Mar 2010
signed happy
ReplyQuote

Nelly! Nelly! QLD Posts: 237
7 24 Mar 2010
Matt. Y said:
But don't campaigns like this - such as too the Adidas/Kangaroo leather petition - just encourage business to switch to cow leather? Like, I see no objection in the petition to cow skin. Is there a reason for this?

Not attacking - just wondering. happy
Every petition helps, when one comes up for cow leather we will petition against that too happy
ReplyQuote

8 24 Mar 2010
Good point Matt happy I am opposed to the use of all animal products! I suppose it is not any different to someone who campaigns against another issue like the fur industry but doesn't do an equal campaign against leather.

My reasons for campaigning for kangaroos probably stems from being a wildlife carer and also from a conservation point.

Also many people who will support a campaign against the killing of wildlife will steadfastly refuse to support a campaign against the killing of cows for food and leather, so for people who will never go vegan, they at least can help animals in some way.

At the end of the day, support for any issue can only be positive. In relation to the Adidas campaign - I am not sure which one you are talking about? My petition to Adidas (which is part of this campaign) also rejects cow leather and calls for Adidas to adopt synthetic materials for all footwear.

Hope this helps explain where I am coming from. happy
ReplyQuote

Hayley. J Hayley. J VIC Posts: 143
9 24 Mar 2010
Signed ecstatic
ReplyQuote

10 24 Mar 2010
Thanks again happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]