Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

do your friends believe every thing you tell them?????

1 - 10 of 22 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

ruby rose ruby rose SA Posts: 26
1 4 Apr 2010
myn dont....
they say that animal cruelty is not real but i have nearly convinced them that it is real and that we should try to stop it and hopefully at the next school assembly they are going to let me talk about saving animals which is a good start to save animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   clap cool ecstatic happy peace megaphone thumb tongue wink beaverhug chick cow dog fish monkey pig rabbit pillowfight peace_out bump party wave
ReplyQuote

Mimziiii Mimziiii VIC Posts: 105
2 4 Apr 2010
how can they not believe its true, how do they think animals get on their plate, the meat companies wait for the animal to dye from old age? i dont think so :|
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
3 4 Apr 2010
Show them some brochures, dvd's, docos etc so they can see for themselves. Graphic images can have more of an impact than words.

I've never seen it, but I've heard the Earthlings dvd has converted a few happy
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
4 4 Apr 2010
bilby said:
myn dont....
they say that animal cruelty is not real but i have nearly convinced them that it is real and that we should try to stop it and hopefully at the next school assembly they are going to let me talk about saving animals which is a good start to save animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   clap cool ecstatic happy peace megaphone thumb tongue wink beaverhug chick cow dog fish monkey pig rabbit pillowfight peace_out bump party wave
Omg people don't believe me yet they have no proof. It is just stupuid the silly fools lol! Its good when someone who they will believe such as a teacher etc. says its bad. Like it doesn't happen much but like one time my teacher was explaning how unhealthy it is to eat fish due to the pollution in the sea. It made me smile when it made them frown happy>
ReplyQuote

Alyssa Alyssa VIC Posts: 296
5 4 Apr 2010
Callum said:
bilby said:
myn dont....
Omg people don't believe me yet they have no proof. It is just stupuid the silly fools lol! Its good when someone who they will believe such as a teacher etc. says its bad. Like it doesn't happen much but like one time my teacher was explaning how unhealthy it is to eat fish due to the pollution in the sea. It made me smile when it made them frown happy>
Love it when stuff like that happens haha
ReplyQuote

Jessum Jessum NSW Posts: 18
6 30 Apr 2010
Mine do generally.

Although mine a probably a bit older than yours and are aware, to some extent, that cruelity does go on.

My advice it to know your stuff.

Instead of saying "I don't eat meat because it's cruel."

Say "I don't eat meat because the animals are kept in unreasonable conditions and there are pretty much no law protecting animals that are being used for profit."

This normally gets more questions. Don't start with an hour talk about every animal. Just wait for the questions.

I've found the next question is "How are they kept in unreasonable conditions?"

Instead of saying "Well they are put in cages and have no room." which in some cases is a lie, like cows and sheep, I ask them "Which animal would you like to know about?"

This works really well because, for one, they begin to understand that there are no animals treated fairly and because instead of rambling on, they pick an animal and you tell them everything you know about that animal.
Of course this means you need to know your stuff. For instance, I know much more about chickens and pigs than I do about sheep. At the same time, if someone asked about sheep I would just talk about the process of killing them.

I've found pretty much everyone believes me because I know what I'm talking about.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
7 30 Apr 2010
mmm at my grandmas birthday dinner, there was only one even vegetarian option on the menu. And it started a bit of talk. But my bf, mum and dad all turned around on me and accused me of believing everything 'one' site says and that it isn't all like that, there's no proof, you can't be against every farm when you only see the video footage from a few.
I was so blown away by the attack, I couldn't believe them. I tried my best to stay calm and just say the facts I knew, but that was the problem they don't BELIEVE the footage/leaflets/websites.

It actually mainly started about how vegans don't eat honey and how bees are famed these days (my dad used to be a bee keeper and says there is no other way to get honey other than what he used to do. Which I disagreed with because I'm sure back in the day no one imagined factory farms when the old mcdonalds farms were around.) Though I don't know much about bee keeping and when I tried to google it, I got conflicting answers. So I couldn't say much about that.
ReplyQuote

Buttons Buttons VIC Posts: 229
8 30 Apr 2010
Mimziiii said:
how can they not believe its true, how do they think animals get on their plate, the meat companies wait for the animal to dye from old age? i dont think so :|
Because all the stunning procedures and other" humane" gestures simply must work all the time, and any information/evidence of animal suffering and cruelty simply must relate to isolated incidents.
/snarky rant
ReplyQuote

Buttons Buttons VIC Posts: 229
9 30 Apr 2010
Tanyaka said:
But my bf, mum and dad all turned around on me and accused me of believing everything 'one' site says and that it isn't all like that, there's no proof, you can't be against every farm when you only see the video footage from a few.
Yep. Cause they absolutely know the conditions faced by the source animals utilized in the making of every product on the supermarket shelf must have been 'not like that.'

Some people's certainty about matters in the face of bog-all evidence always surprises me.
ReplyQuote

Hayley. J Hayley. J VIC Posts: 143
10 30 Apr 2010
I think they mostly do, but they wouldn't understand to what extent unless they researched it.
Could also be that they're a little in denial... I know I was when I first found out the truth behind using animals for food, I didn't really want to believe that I supported that and that's how it *really* does happen.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au