Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

do your friends believe every thing you tell them?????

11 - 20 of 22 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
11 30 Apr 2010
Hayley.J said:
I think they mostly do, but they wouldn't understand to what extent unless they researched it.
Could also be that they're a little in denial... I know I was when I first found out the truth behind using animals for food, I didn't really want to believe that I supported that and that's how it *really* does happen.
Yeah, people who don't want to know about the pain suffered by factory farm animals don't want to hear about it because they already know, and don't want to feel guilty about their meal. These people aren't selfless enough to put the wellbeing of animals above their want for meat/animal products.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
13 30 Apr 2010
ckimana said:
Show them some brochures, dvd's, docos etc so they can see for themselves. Graphic images can have more of an impact than words.

I've never seen it, but I've heard the Earthlings dvd has converted a few happy
Earthlings converted me further! (if that's even possible lol)
ReplyQuote

JessicaSmile JessicaSmile WA Posts: 27
14 1 May 2010
My Friends Believe me but they always say " Well They're Just going To Slaughter The animals Anyway" <<< That statement pisses me off so much -_-
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
15 1 May 2010
I guess it depends on what sort of friends you have?
I know most of my friends do believe it (but they tend to shut their ears of pretend I didn't say anything) ... I guess it depends on the friend though...
Most of mine try to ignore the facts and like to live in their own little perfect worlds happy
ReplyQuote

16 1 May 2010
RaV3N said:
ckimana said:
Show them some brochures, dvd's, docos etc so they can see for themselves. Graphic images can have more of an impact than words.

I've never seen this earthlings video everyone talks about... Is it just like meet your meat?
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
17 1 May 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
RaV3N said:
ckimana said:

I've never seen this earthlings video everyone talks about... Is it just like meet your meat?
you can watch it online.

http://www.earthlings.com/earthlings/video-full.php
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
18 1 May 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
RaV3N said:
ckimana said:

It's amazing. ;3
I think so, atleast.
It's what made me passionate about animal rights.
Love it to pieces.

It just basically addresses all the ways we use animals for our own agendas... But it's very well-put, I find.
And also narrated by Joaquin Phoenix.
If that helps.
(Also I suggest watching it on youtube, the version they have on their website goes out of sync about 2/3 of the way through)
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
19 1 May 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
To me, Meet Your Meat is basically a video montage of existing animal cruelty.

Earthings is longer, and it goes into the moral and academic error of speciesm.

Very, very powerful film.
ReplyQuote

20 1 May 2010
I'll give it a watch then
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au