Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Wine - accidently or otherwise

1 - 10 of 13 posts   1 | 2  


Belfry Belfry VIC Posts: 70
1 22 Apr 2010
My fiance and I are brand spankin' new Vegans and are also white wine drinkers....Could anyone please advise us what to look for when shopping for wine and even alcohol in general? Also any recommendations on Vegan friendly brands would be much appreciated!
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
2 22 Apr 2010
Unleashed Admin
Belfry said:
My fiance and I are brand spankin' new Vegans and are also white wine drinkers....Could anyone please advise us what to look for when shopping for wine and even alcohol in general? Also any recommendations on Vegan friendly brands would be much appreciated!
Congrats on the new veganness! I hope it's all going well happy

I believe that yellow tail is vegan.

Good Will Wines has some vegan wines, and they will soon be fundraising for Animals Australia happy
http://www.goodwillwine.com.au/

This site is dedicated to info on vegan alcohol: http://www.barnivore.com/

And these threads may also help you find some other options: http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/forum/topic.php?t=1227
http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/forum/topic.php?t=809
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
3 22 Apr 2010
Jesse said:
This site is dedicated to info on vegan alcohol: http://www.barnivore.com/
That's my suggestion too!  Plus, VNV has a list: http://www.vnv.org.au/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=195&Itemid=133 be wary, though that this is a list of vegan and vegetarian, so make sure it has VV rather than VO next to it.

Brown Brothers Pinot Grigio is vegan, and filled with many deliciousnesses, IMHO.
ReplyQuote

Belfry Belfry VIC Posts: 70
4 22 Apr 2010
Thanks for the well wishes Jesse.
As for the help so far - WOW! I ask one question and i'm set for life! Slight exaggeration but thanks so much! The Barnivore site is amazing to say the least! Good Will Wine's sound intriguing - will definitely be ordering from them at some point!
Thanks EJay for the VNV link too. Brown Bros have some divine wines indeed - might just take your advice!  party
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
5 22 Apr 2010
Chez - where are ya? This is your thread babe LOL

I basically search every bottle to find a vegan wine and then drink it.... my fav wine turned out to use milk in the process, so I've had to find a new one.... still searching for the right one.
ReplyQuote

tarkine tarkine Iran Posts: 296
6 22 Apr 2010
Seems easier to find vegan beer than vegan wine... luckily I prefer an ale anyway
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
7 23 Apr 2010
RaV3N said:
Chez - where are ya? This is your thread babe LOL

I basically search every bottle to find a vegan wine and then drink it.... my fav wine turned out to use milk in the process, so I've had to find a new one.... still searching for the right one.
LOL! I'm here! ecstatic

I usually check out Barnivore and VNV too. Also, check out: http://www.vegsoc.org.au/forum_messages.asp?Thread_ID=11105&Topic_ID=1

I love Brown Brothers as they have a massive list of vegetarian and vegan wines. You can email them for a list. My fav is Brown Brothers Crouchen Reisling... Making me thirsty now... Hehe...
ReplyQuote

Jojo Jojo VIC Posts: 175
8 23 Apr 2010
Jesse said:
I believe that yellow tail is vegan.
Their white wine is not vegan.  This is the info from their website:

[yellow tail] BUBBLES, [yellow tail] BUBBLES Rose, [yellow tail] Moscato, [yellow tail] Semillon Sauvignon Blanc, [yellow tail] Riesling, [yellow tail] Pinot Grigio, [yellow tail] Chardonnay and [yellow tail] Rose are NOT Vegan or Vegetarian. All of our red varietals are Vegan and Vegetarian.
ReplyQuote

Belfry Belfry VIC Posts: 70
9 23 Apr 2010
Thanks all - you're legends! Have to take it a lil' easy as I had some iffy news after a CT scan today but i'll be back on the wine hunt before you know it!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
10 23 Apr 2010
Belfry said:
Thanks all - you're legends! Have to take it a lil' easy as I had some iffy news after a CT scan today but i'll be back on the wine hunt before you know it!
Oh I do hope everything is ok!!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au