Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Anything on in melb for animals aus, volunteering etc?

1 - 10 of 10 posts

ASHA MCKENZIE ASHA MCKENZIE VIC Posts: 5
1 24 Jun 2009
hi guys, new to this but was
just wondering if there was any campaigning or volunterring / upcoming stuff in melb
thankyouuuuu xo
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
2 24 Jun 2009
If you sign up to the email updates on the Animals Australia website, they periodically send notifications if they need volunteers for upcomming events happy
ReplyQuote

ASHA MCKENZIE ASHA MCKENZIE VIC Posts: 5
3 25 Jun 2009
thank uuu happy
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
4 28 Jun 2009
Hi
im not sure about unleashed
but i run an organisation called Animal Liberation Youth
and always hold stuff often stuff every week like i just got back from a dairy protest

add our facebook

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Elwood-Australia/Animal-Liberation-Youth/76567589733?ref=ts

and we are an only melb org so its always here  cool

But i think animals australia does stuff 2
ReplyQuote

Lancastrian Lancastrian VIC Posts: 310
5 29 Jun 2009
Yes!
A group of us have started a little Animals Australia support group - with the idea of promoting Animals Australia campaigns around the city. At the moment this is only just getting off the ground, however we are planning to do an Anti-Live Export stall on Bourke Street this Saturday 4th July.
Please get in contact, here are the details:

Hi folks,

We will be organising another Live Export stall for this Saturday (4/7/2009).
We will be meeting at 10.15 at the entrance ramp to the Wilson Carpark at the corner of Elizabeth Street & Little Collins (entrance ramp on Elizabeth Street), or at 10.30 at the corner of Bourke & Swanston.

We will probably run until 2pm, weather & crowds dependant.

Our plan is to distribute leaflets, take donations, hold up banners, and get signatures on the petition. With enough people present, we can turn this into a mini-demonstration, I have 25 large Live Export protest. With 50 volunteers we could line Bourke Street with them. With one person holding a poster, and one leafletting, for this we need your help.

We now have 2 sheep costumes, so if any of you want to make a fool of yourself, please join me!

It would be ideal if you can help me unload my car by being at the entrance to the carpark at 10.15, otherwise just meet us at the corner of Bourke & Swanston from 10.30. If the weather looks dodgy on the day, please call me between 8.30 and 9.45am to confirm whether or not we will go ahead, since, as everyone knows, giant sheep don't like the rain.

I would prefer it if you could confirm by email me if you can come along, if you can't don't worry about it, there will be plenty of other opportunities to help Animals in the future.

If all goes to plan, we will be continuing with Live Export stalls until the start of August, at which point we will change over to doing the Factory Farming campaign.
Cheers!

Roy E. Taylor
Phone me on: zero four zero two, five eight zero, double three eight
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
6 30 Jun 2009
Mr Pink said:
A group of us have started a little Animals Australia support group - with the idea of promoting Animals Australia campaigns around the city.
Ooooh, can I join? It would be combining two of my loves (animal activism and the city)
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
7 1 Jul 2009
that thing sounds cool
cant make the 4th when will be the next one ?
ReplyQuote

Lancastrian Lancastrian VIC Posts: 310
8 10 Jul 2009
.ellehcoR said:
Mr Pink said:
A group of us have started a little Animals Australia support group - with the idea of promoting Animals Australia campaigns around the city.
Ooooh, can I join? It would be combining two of my loves (animal activism and the city)
Absolutely - the best thing to do is to give me a call with your details and we can add you to our volunteer list. Our aim is to promote Animals Australia campaigns around Melbourne.

We will be concentrating on the Factory Farming & Live Export campaigns.

You can either give me a call, or contact Sarah in the Animals Australia office - and she will pass your details onto me.

Cheers!

Roy
0402 580 338
ReplyQuote

Natasha Natasha QLD Posts: 46
9 10 Jul 2009
Jack, we are runing one tomorrow if you can make it.  Really need more volunteers, especially the young folk!
ReplyQuote

Francis Francis VIC Posts: 286
10 14 Jul 2009
Send an email to and we will keep you up to date with demos and other activities.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au