Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Micheal Jackson Reborn From Pig StemCells?!?!

1 - 10 of 14 posts   1 | 2  

JessicaSmile JessicaSmile WA Posts: 27
1 1 May 2010
Just Kidding but since your here.

Do You Think it should be compulsary for products to state whether they test on animals or not?

Im Only new to this site but I was appalled to find that colgate and pantene test on animals! My Mum has brought these products most of my life and had no idea.
I've Stopped her from buying them but Nowhere on the packaging does it state that it was ever tested on animals and I'm thinking if they're ashamed to put that the product has been tested on animals maybe we can shame them out of it!

I'm thinking of writing a letter to someone to make it compulsary but I dont know who to write it too...
I Totally put this in the Wrong Forum Section, My Bad.
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
2 1 May 2010
I think it should.  It would be helpful but then again if people knew, they probably wouldn't buy their products.
Well just look at it this way; If I product doesn't mention it's not tested on animals and does not contain animal products then it probably does...
I mean why wouldn't you mention it?
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
3 1 May 2010
They absolutely should :S It's a requirement to label eggs from battery hens as Cage Eggs, so i think cosmetics should be the same.
ReplyQuote

Jessica Jessica VIC Posts: 121
4 1 May 2010
They deffinetely should. Most companies would take a very big financial blow, so they probably wouldn't but that doesn't mean they shouldn't.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
5 1 May 2010
Kirrilly said:
They absolutely should :S It's a requirement to label eggs from battery hens as Cage Eggs, so i think cosmetics should be the same.
exactly!
It would make alot more companies use alternate methods of testing products.
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
6 1 May 2010
A group of lawyers called 'Lawyers for Animals' here in Melbourne were working on this last year. Not sure what happened with it
http://lawyersforanimals.org.au/
ReplyQuote

Ruin Ruin VIC Posts: 198
7 1 May 2010
Yup I certainly think it should be compulsary. And also to list every single ingredient in products and food.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
8 1 May 2010
I think it'd be easier to push all those companies who don't test and do the right thing to advertise the fact! They have nothing to hide so I don't know why they wouldn't want to advertise it :S
ReplyQuote

The Almighty Heatherzilla The Almighty Heatherzilla VIC Posts: 70
9 2 May 2010
I wish this was law too. I mostly try to buy products that declare on their packaging that they don't animal test but it's not always easy. My life would be so much easier if everyone had to declare whether they animal test on their packaging.

Does anyone else get excited when they see "suitable for vegans" written on packaging? It always makes my day since I don't need to read through the huge list of ingredients.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
10 2 May 2010
The Almighty Heatherzilla said:
Does anyone else get excited when they see "suitable for vegans" written on packaging? It always makes my day since I don't need to read through the huge list of ingredients.
YES! Hahahaha. Other people in the shopping aisle I'm sure give me weird looks up and down happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au