Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan shepherd's pie recipe

1 - 10 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
1 2 May 2010
I just made this recipe up tonight and hoped for the best, because I was craving a nice pie. I haven't had pie in too long. Anyway, it ended up tasting AMAZING! So I thought I'd share it with you all so you could enjoy it too happy

1 onion (chopped)
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tin of lentils, drained
7 mushrooms roughly diced
1/2 cup of peas
1 carrot (chopped roughly the same size as peas)
1 cup of spinach leaves chopped
1 cup of thickly mixed gravy (I used massels supreme gravy mix)
2 sheets of borgs puff pastry
1 muffin tray (half a dozen slots)
5  potatoes, mashed.

Preheat oven to 200 degrees
fry the onion, garlic, mushroom in a pot, when the onion is caramelised throw in the cup of gravy and add everything else, let cook for about half hour (use more gravy mix if needed, but add more of the mix then recommended to keep it thick)
Grease the muffin tray and cut the pastry sheets into quarters, place them into the muffin tray, fixing up any gaps with the extra pastry. (to make the pie shells)
Throw the muffin tray (with pastry) into the oven for a few minutes until slightly puffed, then pull back out.
put finished 'mince' mix into the pie crusts, and top with the mashed potato
cook in oven for about 45 minutes.

Enjoy, they tasted absolutely amazing!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 2 May 2010
Sounds wonderful!!
ReplyQuote

3 3 May 2010
It was! And they were unbelievably filling. I'll put a picture up in my photos soon happy
ReplyQuote

Belfry Belfry VIC Posts: 70
4 6 May 2010
Bloody Hell! Your recipes never cease to amaze xMISSMONSTERx! YUM!
ReplyQuote

5 7 May 2010
Belfry said:
Bloody Hell! Your recipes never cease to amaze xMISSMONSTERx! YUM!
Well thankyou, it's not to know other people appreciate my recipes, let me know if you made them, I'd love to hear how yours ended up!
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
6 8 May 2010
Thanks so much for sharing. I have nearly all of these ingredients in my cupboards already. I should try it happy
ReplyQuote

Karen Karen Australia Posts: 993
7 8 May 2010
Unleashed Admin
Aimee said:
Thanks so much for sharing. I have nearly all of these ingredients in my cupboards already. I should try it happy
Me too! So simple! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

8 8 May 2010
Karen said:
Aimee said:
Me too! So simple! ecstatic
Yeah, that's what's so great about it, I made them up with the leftover veges before grocery day tongue

I hope you all enjoy them! They are extremely easy!
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
9 9 May 2010
Oh my gosh!
As I am lacking in money I decided to cook for my mum all day for mother's day, and decided this would be a nice dinner... It is so good! The 'mince' is delicious!
Wow!
I'm making this again!

Knowing something that tastes like this exists, thinking of the meat alternative is not alluring in the slightest. Infact it pales in comparison.

(I really really like this Shepherd's pie ;p)
ReplyQuote

. . Afghanistan Posts: 125
10 9 May 2010
i think il give this a go later this week, sounds nice!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).