Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Have you seen EARTHLINGS?

11 - 20 of 355 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  

Ruin Ruin VIC Posts: 198
11 6 May 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
yeah, so I actually just watched this a few days ago, I couldn't watch parts of it, and the part where they throw that dog in with the garbage just broke my heart. It's very graphic and informative, and pretty full on.
My boyfriend couldn't watch it, but he will still eat cheese and meat without a care in the world. Doesn't really make sense to me!
I was crying a lot when I first saw it. That scene turned me into a wailing, swearing heap on the floor. Before earthlings I was vegetarian. Afterward I came to the conclusion that a vegan lifestyle is the logical and right thing to do.
My bf couldn't watch all of it either.
ReplyQuote

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
12 6 May 2010
I've seen it 8 or 9 times now..
I've shown so many people and thankfully its converted a few of them happy
I even went and saw it with my best friends sister (who is now vego  and turning her friends veg!) my ex and his girlfriend at the time at the mercury theatre in adelaide. It turned my ex and his girlfriend vegan happy

amazing film ^_^
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
13 6 May 2010
Vegan freak! That's a good effort. How do you get people to watch it? Everyone just ignores me when I mention it (and i'm not even pushy about it). Boyfriend refuses to watch it. No one I know is willing to change or even care. x_X It is very depressing actually.
ReplyQuote

Corpor8Vegan Corpor8Vegan VIC Posts: 6
14 6 May 2010
I've been vegan for a about year now have not watched Earthlings... I feel like i should but it will make me sad... and possibly sick.
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
15 6 May 2010
Tanyaka said:
Vegan freak! That's a good effort. How do you get people to watch it? Everyone just ignores me when I mention it (and i'm not even pushy about it). Boyfriend refuses to watch it. No one I know is willing to change or even care. x_X It is very depressing actually.
Same problem here. It's so frustrating.
ReplyQuote

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
16 7 May 2010
Tanya M said:
Tanyaka said:
Same problem here. It's so frustrating.
well..i don't actually know >.< I mean, i'm upfront about slaughter and i speak my mind..i don't baby people. But in general im a nice person and stuff uhm..i just ask people if they'd do me a favour and watch it..i cook for them as they do as well so yeah ><

i just got another friend to watch it. She wanted to buy the original pic of this from me ---->

http://vegan-freak.deviantart.com/art/Factory-141078504

and i said that i would sell it to her if she takes out of it what i put into it. I asked her to watch earthlings and try being veg..she just saw it and shes crying heaps so..im hoping she'll go vego happy love
ReplyQuote

Tofu Ninja Tofu Ninja NSW Posts: 165
17 7 May 2010
I'm with Vegan Freak - I've showed loads of people now.

I'm firm, but not too pushy about my stance on animal rights. I find the best way to do it is to lend them the DVD and every couple of days ask them "have you watched Earthlings yet?". Eventually most give in and watch the first bit, turn it off and have a cry to me how bad it is. That's when I say to them "You are causing what you were watching, don't hide from the truth, the animals can't hide from your bad choices, finish watching it" (something along those lines usually works.

It has converted a few of my friends veg, and one a raving vegan (he's even more vocal about veganism than I am!)
happy
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
18 7 May 2010
Love the picture. happy
ReplyQuote

Critter Chatter Critter Chatter QLD Posts: 2
19 7 May 2010
Being veg for 25 years has been terrific, however I have always buried my head in the sand not wanting to look at graphic pictures and documentaries of the atrocities committed to animals. Today I watched the trailer of EARTHLINGS knowing full well that it would haunt me, that I would cry, I would be angry and disliking of humanity and  that I would continue to question the spiritual teachings that there is perfect order on earth and that there is an all encompassing loving source/creator/god???

How could a species develop into what humans have become? Manipulating, controlling, exploiting, insanely cruel, barbaric and just down right totally ignorant?

I am now glad that I have managed to watch the trailer (not so sure about watching the full film tho) so that I can continue to make every choice I make as cruelty free as possible.

Thank you for making this available as I truly know that the majority of the population have no idea or care at all as to what goes on.
ReplyQuote

Leanne Leanne VIC Posts: 2
20 7 May 2010
Everyday I become more appalled at our treatment of the world's animals. My heart aches for these creatures & the pain they go through. I didn't even make it through the trailer before breaking down..... sad
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au