Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Have you seen EARTHLINGS?

21 - 30 of 355 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
21 7 May 2010
Tanyaka said:
Love the picture. happy
hehe, thank you! ><
ReplyQuote

Ry Ry QLD Posts: 1
22 7 May 2010
I have always thought I was someone lucky to have never been heartbroken ... after this I feel heartbroken from the whole human race. Im so grateful this was created to not only open the eyes but the hearts of everyday people. Ive already showed this to a large group of varied friends who have been left speechless. Some said they had to look away during some certain scenes and all I can ever respond with is that they need to watch this, all of it, that this was made with a purpose so the pain and suffering of these creatures dont go wasted because its easy for us to take the easy option and 'look away'. Education leads to action and action leads to prevention.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
23 8 May 2010
just watched it online  then MOST AMAZING MOVIE EVER. this has made me make a promise to myself. When i am 18, I am going vegan, no ways around it, i will be vegan by the time im 18. I just got my best friend to watch it online , shes still eating meat, but at least she is now making an informed decision. My bf also wants to watch it with me, hes omni but he reckons wen we live together he will be happy to eat vegan meals with me every now and then. this movie is EPIC.  I HAVE to get an actual copy of it, i so want to see this in good quality, that is just... wow
ReplyQuote

24 8 May 2010
Tanyaka said:
Vegan freak! That's a good effort. How do you get people to watch it? Everyone just ignores me when I mention it (and i'm not even pushy about it). Boyfriend refuses to watch it. No one I know is willing to change or even care. x_X It is very depressing actually.
I struck a deal with my omni bestie, if she could watch this, all the way thru, no tricks and still eat meat afterwards, id respect her decision and stop bugging her. She didnt break her end of the deal, i didnt break mine. This other guy just reckons it wont bother him in the slightest so he is watching it tomorrow, and my bf loves me and knows how much i love animals so he is watching it for me love
ReplyQuote

25 8 May 2010
Tofu Ninja said:
I'm with Vegan Freak - I've showed loads of people now.

I'm firm, but not too pushy about my stance on animal rights. I find the best way to do it is to lend them the DVD and every couple of days ask them "have you watched Earthlings yet?". Eventually most give in and watch the first bit, turn it off and have a cry to me how bad it is. That's when I say to them "You are causing what you were watching, don't hide from the truth, the animals can't hide from your bad choices, finish watching it" (something along those lines usually works.

It has converted a few of my friends veg, and one a raving vegan (he's even more vocal about veganism than I am!)
happy
btw luvin ur tat ;p
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
26 8 May 2010
Well even thuogh my people don't seem willing to watch, it is good to see new people joining and having their say in this thread!! I'm glad it is making a difference.
Welcome to all the new comers. It is so nice to see that people do care and want to improve the world happy
ReplyQuote

Natasha1 Natasha1 VIC Posts: 2
27 8 May 2010
I dont think I have ever started to cry as much as i did when i saw the animals be killed (gassed and euthanasia), the seeing that dog, being thrown into the garbage like a piece of trash nearly killed me. I can't watch the end, i only got to finish part one. How some people treat other speices amazes me. Knowing the right now, at this very moment, about 500 animals are being put down, is a horrible feeling. I fell as though there is nothing I can do to stop puppy mills, people who make their pets homeless, people who treat animals like trash and people who don't have a care in the world for animals. Animals are just like us, they just don't speak our language. They feel pain, just the way we do. I believe that this film is absolutley right, we (humans) are very much like Nazis. Some gas animals, they kill, they treat like a piece of dirt. How will this ever stop. thats my question.
ReplyQuote

xluckyscrubs13x xluckyscrubs13x VIC Posts: 7
28 8 May 2010
I just saw the trailer, and I really want to watch the whole thing but I don't know if I'd be able to handle it. I'm in tears and feel sick just from the trailer. I've never been so proud not to eat meat. sad
ReplyQuote

Terri Terri WA Posts: 1
29 8 May 2010
I just watched the trailer to "Earthlings". My god, for all the video footage and scenes of horror that I've witnessed - I am still shaking with shock at just the trailer footage. Just when I think that I've seen it all, know about all the horrific cruelty inflicted on animals throughout the world, something else comes my way to show me that it's even worse that I knew.
I never cease to be astounded at the level of sadism that humans sink to. I will forward this trailer to whomever I can, hoping they have the guts and the heart to watch it. As a devoted animal lover, rescuer and  Animal Rights activist, I'm not even sure if I could watch the whole movie, those  scenes haunt my nights and I cannot sleep after seeing something new that I never imagined. I too, have never been so proud to be vegetarian.
Humans disgust me. The planet would be so much better off without us.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
30 8 May 2010
Yea, the trailer was very harsh. sad
Haven't seen the whole movie, but I saw the start. My boyfriend just finally agreed to watch a bit of it (up until he doesn't want to see any more).
Did a direct swap, told him I'd help him work on his car all day if he tries to watch it. ecstatic He was stubborn about not to watching it, so this is a big win! Will see how it goes happy
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au