Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Have you seen EARTHLINGS?

31 - 40 of 355 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  

CUPCAKES! CUPCAKES! VIC Posts: 177
31 8 May 2010
I feel horrible but I don't think I can make myself watch it!

I can't even watch horror and gore movies- AND THEY ARE NOT EVEN REAL.
How to psyche myself?
ReplyQuote

paulbassvibe paulbassvibe Italy Posts: 1
32 8 May 2010
everybody should watch this movie.

finally somebody who shows all the bad things animals suffer
ReplyQuote

xXCherryXx xXCherryXx VIC Posts: 5
33 8 May 2010
i watched it
i cried
its so emotional
and everyone needs to see this
they need to see the truth!
ReplyQuote

Swanky Swanky ACT Posts: 8
34 9 May 2010
Amazing, this is one of the most powerful movies I have ever seen.  10 out of 10!
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
35 9 May 2010
Never underestimate the power of Earthlings! happy
I've offered my family numerous books, magazines and websites on animal rights to get them, too, interested in veg*nism.... all to much dissapointment.

yet as i popped open the laptop on the dining room table to watch earthlings for myself, it took less than 20 minutes for them all to crowd around... and stay there!
ReplyQuote

jeanette jeanette SA Posts: 2
36 12 May 2010
I agree with everything you said and i couldn,t watch after seeing that poor dog thrown in the garbage truck.I know cruelty happens all over the world but didn,t realise the extent of it.Its good to see you younger guys showing you care.When i tell my friends about cruelty they say"don,t tell me, i don,t want to know' Everyone should know.How else do we stop it?I,m a vegetarian and am going to try to go vegan...its not easy to change life habits but i will try
ReplyQuote

ilytopy ilytopy NSW Posts: 2
37 13 May 2010
completely agree ):
cried so hard. and yes, it is tragic that probably 90% of the audience are those who already know of the horrors.

but have hope that someone with power will see it, maybe it will get the ball rolling.
all you can do is spread the word, and hope.
ReplyQuote

Marion Marion Panama Posts: 1
38 13 May 2010
I am deeply grateful to the people who made the movie "Earthlings".  It was very thoughtful created, thought provoking, heart rendering, and covered all aspects of the unnecessary and barbaric way we humans treat animals.  My husband was shocked that as a vegetarian I stayed with it till the very end, even though I often had to close my eyes, and hear my mind saying, "I am SO SO SO very sorry" and I wish I could stop it all.   I like to be fully informed so have visited slaughter houses, chicken farms and cattle holding pens because I want to know what we do, and not call it by any other name, and to then be able to talk accurately about it and to make my decisions about how I live based on knowledge.  

I am 60 years of age, have been vegetarian since I was 18 and my daughter of 28 has always been vegetarian.  We are both very healthy and celebrate the joy of living our glorious lives.  Neither of us have it in us to kill anything and we do not want to have anyone else do it for us either.  We do all we can to encourage people to become conscious of the suffering of animals and to stop it in any way possible.  

I am amazed at friends who love their domesticated animals so much and yet stop right there - never giving the well being of any other animal any consideration and eating them.  I LOVE the diet I have chosen - fresh organic fruit, vegetables, nuts, nut butters, sprouted breads and cereals, smoothies, etc.  I often wonder about what ends up in flesh taken from animals that died in absolute fear - surely adrenalin and other chemicals and how do those affect our bodies?  

I have asked my friends if they would watch "Earthlings" and so far no one has said yes.  They tell me that they just could not, it would be heartbreaking to them.  This is the cold light of day - avoidance in such a raw form.  Seeing "Earthlings"  helps reinforce my determination to help however I can to stop this unnecessary brutality and violence to our fellow creatures on this plant.  

Thanks for bringing this all together for so many of us.  I read that cannibalism was finally outlawed in 1952!!  If this is true then maybe in this century we will outlaw the killing of animals.  We all have to keep bringing an awareness of the unnecesary brutality and violence we are causing these wonderful creatures.
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
39 13 May 2010
jeanette said:
I agree with everything you said and i couldn,t watch after seeing that poor dog thrown in the garbage truck.I know cruelty happens all over the world but didn,t realise the extent of it.Its good to see you younger guys showing you care.When i tell my friends about cruelty they say"don,t tell me, i don,t want to know' Everyone should know.How else do we stop it?I,m a vegetarian and am going to try to go vegan...its not easy to change life habits but i will try
Good on you Jeanette. I was vegetarian for 19 years before I went vegan 2 and a half years ago. I had been considering going vegan for a while but kept thinking it would be too difficult. I made the change gradually, which worked well for me, eliminating one or two things at a time, now I look back and wonder why I thought it would be so hard! And I feel infinately better for it.

Visit here frequently and you will get all the ideas, suggestions and encouragment you need!

Good luck.
ReplyQuote

loopy_girl02 loopy_girl02 VIC Posts: 1
40 16 May 2010
i tried to watch it once after my friend told me about it. i decided to start with the trailer but couldn't watch most of it and cry even thinking about the bits i wasn't blocking my eyes and ears for. i'm still trying to muster up the strength to watch the complete thing.
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au