Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Have you seen EARTHLINGS?

41 - 50 of 355 posts   2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  

allygoodo allygoodo QLD Posts: 1
41 18 May 2010
i really just can't watch it. i got to part2 and i just can't do it anymore. when you already know what happens to these perfect souls every day, and live accordingly, and when you're almost sure not one of the animal consumers on facebook will even watch it when you offer it, it's hard to put yourself through heartbreak over and over witnessing it again and again when there's seemingly little more you can do than what you're doing.

i will post it and see if i am met with people's courage to locate their empathy, though lately my hopes have become much, much lower, which is even harder to take than the cruelty itself.

raah, sorry to be so dark.  bump
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
42 19 May 2010
allygoodo said:
i really just can't watch it. i got to part2 and i just can't do it anymore. when you already know what happens to these perfect souls every day, and live accordingly, and when you're almost sure not one of the animal consumers on facebook will even watch it when you offer it, it's hard to put yourself through heartbreak over and over witnessing it again and again when there's seemingly little more you can do than what you're doing.

i will post it and see if i am met with people's courage to locate their empathy, though lately my hopes have become much, much lower, which is even harder to take than the cruelty itself.

I totally identify with what you are feeling. It's the despair I feel every day that becomes so exhausting and depressing.
ReplyQuote

xx Melinda xx xx Melinda xx VIC Posts: 40
43 19 May 2010
I watched 'Earthlings' today and I honestly felt ashamed and disappointed in myself that I have been contributing to the suffering of these animals. I felt physically sick when watching it and still do. How ignorant and selfish are we, as a race, to impose this on the lives of non-humans.
ReplyQuote

hayley la BAM ?! hayley la BAM ?! VIC Posts: 110
44 19 May 2010
i dont know if i'll be able to watch it, i want to so badly, but after reading all the things that people have said about it on here, i dont know if i will even be able to watch a few minutes. im going to check out the trailer now, lets hope i dont break down or anything, buut if it do, this might just help me tackle the hurdle i have at the moment of going veg, and maybe even help me go vegan like i want to.
ReplyQuote

ShadowDoubt ShadowDoubt QLD Posts: 753
45 19 May 2010
Marion said:
I am deeply grateful to the people who made the movie "Earthlings".  It was very thoughtful created, thought provoking, heart rendering, and covered all aspects of the unnecessary and barbaric way we humans treat animals.  My husband was shocked that as a vegetarian I stayed with it till the very end, even though I often had to close my eyes, and hear my mind saying, "I am SO SO SO very sorry" and I wish I could stop it all.   I like to be fully informed so have visited slaughter houses, chicken farms and cattle holding pens because I want to know what we do, and not call it by any other name, and to then be able to talk accurately about it and to make my decisions about how I live based on knowledge.  

I am 60 years of age, have been vegetarian since I was 18 and my daughter of 28 has always been vegetarian.  We are both very healthy and celebrate the joy of living our glorious lives.  Neither of us have it in us to kill anything and we do not want to have anyone else do it for us either.  We do all we can to encourage people to become conscious of the suffering of animals and to stop it in any way possible.  

I am amazed at friends who love their domesticated animals so much and yet stop right there - never giving the well being of any other animal any consideration and eating them.  I LOVE the diet I have chosen - fresh organic fruit, vegetables, nuts, nut butters, sprouted breads and cereals, smoothies, etc.  I often wonder about what ends up in flesh taken from animals that died in absolute fear - surely adrenalin and other chemicals and how do those affect our bodies?  

I have asked my friends if they would watch "Earthlings" and so far no one has said yes.  They tell me that they just could not, it would be heartbreaking to them.  This is the cold light of day - avoidance in such a raw form.  Seeing "Earthlings"  helps reinforce my determination to help however I can to stop this unnecessary brutality and violence to our fellow creatures on this plant.  

Thanks for bringing this all together for so many of us.  I read that cannibalism was finally outlawed in 1952!!  If this is true then maybe in this century we will outlaw the killing of animals.  We all have to keep bringing an awareness of the unnecesary brutality and violence we are causing these wonderful creatures.
you are inspirational Marion (: happy
ReplyQuote

Hayley. J Hayley. J VIC Posts: 143
46 19 May 2010
Tanya M said:
allygoodo said:

I totally identify with what you are feeling. It's the despair I feel every day that becomes so exhausting and depressing.
I agree- I could only get as far as the trailer. It just gives me the most uncomfortable, sick, insane feeling inside to watch that kind of suffering O_O
I definitely need to get it so I can share it around! I want to give it to my friend who wasn't deterred by the meet your meat video- if this doesn't change her thoughts, I don't know what will :|
ReplyQuote

Natasha1 Natasha1 VIC Posts: 2
47 20 May 2010
I showed this to my plants and animals teacher, she couldnt watch it all. I wanted to show it to the class, but she told me no, she would need not only permission from parents, but the school board and psychiatrists (spelt that wrong). She told me about the anima (she couldn't tell what) being skinned alive. I really trying to get this movie out their, my friends are asking for the link now. Im giving an oral presentation to my english class, and i will be using some clips from this video and some others from youtube to support my topic Animal Cruelty im planning to cover the topics animal cruelty for entertainment, animal cruelty for sport, animal cruelty for testing animal cruelty for food and animal cruelty for clothing. Im hoping this will open my classmates eyes. Will post how it goes in a week or so (=
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
48 20 May 2010
Natasha1 said:
I showed this to my plants and animals teacher, she couldnt watch it all. I wanted to show it to the class, but she told me no, she would need not only permission from parents, but the school board and psychiatrists (spelt that wrong). She told me about the anima (she couldn't tell what) being skinned alive. I really trying to get this movie out their, my friends are asking for the link now. Im giving an oral presentation to my english class, and i will be using some clips from this video and some others from youtube to support my topic Animal Cruelty im planning to cover the topics animal cruelty for entertainment, animal cruelty for sport, animal cruelty for testing animal cruelty for food and animal cruelty for clothing. Im hoping this will open my classmates eyes. Will post how it goes in a week or so (=
That's a really good idea!
I can understand why you might need permission to show something like this in schools... i don't know why you'd need approval from a psychologist though.
See your principal about it, I think everyone should watch something like this at least once!
ReplyQuote

Arieluxable Arieluxable QLD Posts: 190
49 27 May 2010
I will be posting a link to this film on Facebook, but I know from experience that only one of my friends will even consider watching it - and she's already vegan. The people who refuse to learn how their meat is killed sicken and sadden me simultaneously. Every time they shop, they encourage the companies who practice these methods and they fund this terrible slaughter.

If I mention this to any of them though, I become the bad guy because all of a sudden (no matter how gently I raise the subject) I'm perceived as bullying them.

I'm sure you've all heard "I respect your decision not to eat meat, so you should respect my decision to eat meat"?
The truth is, if every meat eater successfully sat through this film and still wanted to eat meat, then yeah, I would respect their informed decision.
But there is no way in hell I will respect anyone's decision to sit in the dark and be blissfully unaware of the horrible atrocities that they are committing all for the sake of flavour and convenience.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
50 27 May 2010
Arieluxable said:
The truth is, if every meat eater successfully sat through this film and still wanted to eat meat, then yeah, I would respect their informed decision.
But there is no way in hell I will respect anyone's decision to sit in the dark and be blissfully unaware of the horrible atrocities that they are committing all for the sake of flavour and convenience.
I'm with you on this one. What upsets me most about meat eaters is that they are PURPOSEFULLY ignorant of what they're consuming. They live in denial because, well, I don't know one of them who could be a meat eater if they didn't deny it.

My younger brother (the closest humans get to being totally carnivorous) always says that he IS concerned about animal welfare, and he WOULD go vego, except he doesn't like enough vegetables.How lame is that. He doesn't like enough because he's never willing to try them. furious
ReplyQuote

[ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ]  [ 8 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au