Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Have you seen EARTHLINGS?

51 - 60 of 355 posts   3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  

Karen Karen Australia Posts: 993
51 27 May 2010
Unleashed Admin
Valkyrie Uruz said:
My younger brother (the closest humans get to being totally carnivorous) always says that he IS concerned about animal welfare, and he WOULD go vego, except he doesn't like enough vegetables.How lame is that. He doesn't like enough because he's never willing to try them. furious
If someone *wants* to stop eating meat, they will .. even if they don't like vegetables! You should let him know that in this day and age, it's possible to go veg without eating just salad tongue I know a vegan who calles himself a "vegetarian carnivore", because he too, doesn't like vegetables. Whilst it's not the healthiest diet in the world, he eats a lot of faux meats like veggie dogs, seitan, veggie nuggets, etc.

Maybe if you disguise some vegetables in some recipes that he enjoys that woud be a good way to show him that vegetarians don't just eat lettuce and boiled vegetables! happy

Wanting to change is the first step in actual change. Some people just need extra help taking the next step. Good luck happy
ReplyQuote

dawn dawn United States Posts: 1
52 27 May 2010
I am proud to be a non-meat eater.  Both my body and soul feel clean.
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
53 27 May 2010
Arieluxable said:
The truth is, if every meat eater successfully sat through this film and still wanted to eat meat, then yeah, I would respect their informed decision.
But there is no way in hell I will respect anyone's decision to sit in the dark and be blissfully unaware of the horrible atrocities that they are committing all for the sake of flavour and convenience.
Absolutely spot on the mark.
ReplyQuote

Gia Gia VIC Posts: 8
54 27 May 2010
Yes, it was what turned me from Vegetarian to Vegan. Took about 3 tries to watch it all the way through..it is horribly sad but definitely a must-see.
ReplyQuote

Claudia For the Oceans Claudia For the Oceans Canada Posts: 5
55 27 May 2010
Yes i have seen Earthlings,but with tears and a heavy heart
ReplyQuote

Doeidgrl Doeidgrl United States Posts: 2
56 27 May 2010
Yes and it is a life changing documentary.  Heart breaking and powerful and should be seen by all people.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
57 28 May 2010
Karen said:
Valkyrie Uruz said:
My younger brother (the closest humans get to being totally carnivorous) always says that he IS concerned about animal welfare, and he WOULD go vego, except he doesn't like enough vegetables.How lame is that. He doesn't like enough because he's never willing to try them. furious
If someone *wants* to stop eating meat, they will .. even if they don't like vegetables! You should let him know that in this day and age, it's possible to go veg without eating just salad tongue I know a vegan who calles himself a "vegetarian carnivore", because he too, doesn't like vegetables. Whilst it's not the healthiest diet in the world, he eats a lot of faux meats like veggie dogs, seitan, veggie nuggets, etc.

Maybe if you disguise some vegetables in some recipes that he enjoys that woud be a good way to show him that vegetarians don't just eat lettuce and boiled vegetables! happy

Wanting to change is the first step in actual change. Some people just need extra help taking the next step. Good luck happy
happy Thanks. That sounds like a good idea. I cook a lot anyway. Haha. He's a good kid, just pretty negative (oh, the angst of 15 year old boys!)
ReplyQuote

Millie1 Millie1 NSW Posts: 14
58 28 May 2010
I saw the first part of earthlings the other night. I thought it was an amazingly truthful documentary that didn't steer clear of showing the true suffering of these animals. The image of that beautiful stray dog that had something wrong with its legs that was thrown into and crushed by that garbage truck is burned in my mind. The night I saw that image and the next morning, that is all I could think of. It broke my heart and completely consumed me and I was so so devastated by the look on that dogs face. But, out of that, I found an organisation in thailand that focuses on helping the most desperate and ill stray dogs and cats, called soidog. I offered to volunteer for them and as soon as I have money ( as a student I never have any!!!) I will be giving some to this fantastic organisation. If you want to donate you should google theml
Back to the point tho, earthlings was so sad, so honest, so heartbreaking and I hope to watch all of it one day very soon. I have been telling everyone I know to watch it, so hopefully they will and they will become aware of this suffering and change their lives to ensure this horrific treatment of animals is ended.
ReplyQuote

Rhiannon.Garrett Rhiannon.Garrett QLD Posts: 7
59 3 Jun 2010
I have not watched earthlings myself however I told a friend to watch it who is now vegetarian!
I cannot bring myself to watch it as I have seen other documentries that sound similar and I am still scarred from them. Its horrible what goes on and I don't understand how the horrible people who are involved in the abuse live with themselves. I just don't get it.
ReplyQuote

Fern Fern VIC Posts: 10
60 3 Jun 2010
this doco. sure turned me vego. i think i lost my appetite for food all together for days after seeing this. i could never watch the whole thing. and i could never ever eat meat again!
ReplyQuote

[ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ]  [ 8 ]  [ 9 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au