Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Have you seen EARTHLINGS?

61 - 70 of 355 posts   4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  

Courtney1 Courtney1 NSW Posts: 16
61 4 Jun 2010
wow... I am not full vegan but this sure has convinced me to re-think.... Right now i am still eating meat once a week, because my parents don't want me to give it up. i think if they watched this, they would change their minds!!!!
Thanks for posting the link!!!!
ReplyQuote

kitakami kitakami WA Posts: 41
62 5 Jun 2010
Watching the trailer was enough for me. I'm a vegan because of these reason. When i watch these things i become very angry with people. I just wish this could be shown to all meat eaters. Over my ten or more years of not eating meat i have had many people hassling me about my choice sometimes i argue how they are not compassionate other times i will just ignore them. I wish everytime someone bothered my i could just show them this film and then i would never have to explain myself to them.
ReplyQuote

Connors_mummy Connors_mummy NSW Posts: 12
63 5 Jun 2010
My mum bought it, i saw 1 minute of it and it haunts me. I don't know how the people who work in these places sleep at night.
ReplyQuote

afimelb afimelb VIC Posts: 141
64 6 Jun 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
yeah, so I actually just watched this a few days ago, I couldn't watch parts of it, and the part where they throw that dog in with the garbage just broke my heart. It's very graphic and informative, and pretty full on.
My boyfriend couldn't watch it, but he will still eat cheese and meat without a care in the world. Doesn't really make sense to me!
exactly the same with my bf. he cannot stand seeing an animal being abused yet plays the 'ignorance is bliss' card. ohwell :s
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
65 6 Jun 2010
afimelb said:
xMISSMONSTERx said:
yeah, so I actually just watched this a few days ago, I couldn't watch parts of it, and the part where they throw that dog in with the garbage just broke my heart. It's very graphic and informative, and pretty full on.
My boyfriend couldn't watch it, but he will still eat cheese and meat without a care in the world. Doesn't really make sense to me!
exactly the same with my bf. he cannot stand seeing an animal being abused yet plays the 'ignorance is bliss' card. ohwell :s
Here too. Still trying to have some hope that he'll have his own little light bulb moment. Though it doesn't seem likely. sad His family have meat in everything, his friends are very "lets go get burgers from maccas" ... so his only vegan food is with me and my meal variation is running out -_- Last night he told me "I miss your chicken parmas."
Didn't know what to say to that.

I've shown him part one of Earthlings (only after winning a bet) but that was about pets and he's already pretty compassionate about pets. Should have skipped to the meat industry chapter. Blah. But he has already seen shit that i've slipped passed him, and he watched the youtube video I made... still nothing. MAKE THE CONNNECTION.. Ahh. sad
ReplyQuote

afimelb afimelb VIC Posts: 141
66 6 Jun 2010
i tried watching eartlhlings and got up to the veal bit :S it broke my heart i hate seeing abuse of animals and ill i can say is thank goodness i do not contribute to animal agriculture
ReplyQuote

bethaney bethaney QLD Posts: 29
67 16 Jun 2010
I have "earthlings" bookmarked and ready to go at home... but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it, woriied about loosing sleep and crying for days (I'm sure you all know what I mean!)  Trying to tell myself to get ANGRY at those responsible for this type of thing, but its so hard, end up depressed and ashamed to be human.
ReplyQuote

RebeccaXY RebeccaXY QLD Posts: 71
68 27 Jun 2010
RaV3N said:
I got my omni friend to watch this tonight - simply by posting it on FB and saying "I dare you to watch this" and she's the kind of person who will take you up on dares....

She vomited twice, was crying 17mins in, is disgusted to be a part of the human race and said she will never eat meat again.

Don't underestimate the powers of FaceBook/MySpace. Post this link! If we all convert just one person each, think of the difference.
Wow that's amazing. I posted it on FB, some of my meat-eating friends watched and said that it was gross and shocking. The next day they were still eating meat like nothing happened. *sigh* sad

I don't know how they did it... I coul barely watch parts of the trailer without wanting almost throwing up. I got up to the chicks being ground up, and tried to fast forward it but i stopped on where the man was standing on the dog's head, and this image scarred me for life. Everytime I think about it i cry as I have a dog and don't want anything to happen to him. And to think that someone has done this scares me ...

Humans are the most .. stupid beings ever. We don' think about the long term consequences before we act ...
ReplyQuote

Cuberto Cuberto VIC Posts: 1
69 21 Jul 2010
The reason I turned Vegetarian is because Earthlings opened my eyes to how animals are treated, I hope to turn vegan in the near future.
I tried to get my mum to watch it, and she did. But she kept making excuses for the people who were being cruel to the animals, she ate meat tonight. I wonder how someone can eat meat after watching that.
ReplyQuote

Fear__Loathing Fear__Loathing VIC Posts: 32
70 21 Jul 2010
I can't get through the trailer without crying profusely, so no unfortunately. I wish I could.
ReplyQuote

[ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ]  [ 8 ]  [ 9 ]  [ 10 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au