Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Jobs

1 - 10 of 73 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  

MissMadiD MissMadiD VIC Posts: 77
1 11 May 2010
What kind of jobs do we all have?

At the moment I am working at Woolworths whilst studying full time at uni. I came SO close to quiting today when my hand was covered in blood when some meat leaked on me... and selling all the milk, cheese, eggs... Its really starting to get to me.
I used to be able to suppress the feelings but its a really bad job to have when your educated about what goes into these products, and what they once were.

So what are some entry level jobs that you all have, or suggest?
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 11 May 2010
It depends how old you are.... if you're school age there isn't much outside of fast food or check out chick... but if you're able to work full time you can look into traineeships or apprenticeships from things like administration to a trade (like I did - printing machinist). Having a trade qualification can help you with jobs in that industry in the future. It's not all about university like some people think. I am now in internal sales - 5yrs ago I was wearing runners, board shorts and a polo shirt to work every day and getting covered in ink... now I wear high heels, pencil skirts and mascara, yet I still work in the same industry.

Put some thought into what you want to do with your life and see what you can find!

Good luck happy
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
3 11 May 2010
I worked at a call centre (surveys) in the city for a few years. Horrible horrible mindnumbing job but the hours are good for students and the money is really good. No food involved too tongue
But yucky.

Now I'm training to be a dog groomer.
ReplyQuote

Mimziiii Mimziiii VIC Posts: 105
4 11 May 2010
LORD OF THE FRIES i havnt got a job there but im going to apply, yum yum yum
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
5 11 May 2010
Not sure where you're at, but there is always working at Lord of the Fries haha.

But yehhhh, i hate hate hated working at woolworths. handling all the animal products (it got me sad) - the oily roast chickens really use to shit me.

But, you can always take some affirmitive action. wink I know I always enjoyed sabotaging the veal/cage egg-buying customer's products, by say... squishing their bread... and some other things... you can be creative happy

But yeh, when I finish yr12 this year, i'm thinking about taking a short course at tafe before uni... in say like bartending or security. i love the night hours, and working in the city at clubs/crown. just gotta contnue gyming it to get the latter job. strong hahha
ReplyQuote

StephVeganXO StephVeganXO QLD Posts: 124
6 11 May 2010
Beauty Therapist happy

Its awsome to get people onto a skin care that is great for their skin and dosnt test on animals  or have any animal products in them!

Im new to this community can someone tel me how to work this haha
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
7 11 May 2010
StephVeganXO said:
Im new to this community can someone tel me how to work this haha
hahhaha, what would you like help with?
ReplyQuote

StephVeganXO StephVeganXO QLD Posts: 124
8 11 May 2010
I dont know how to do anything :S
How do you add people and know what you have commented
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
9 11 May 2010
I work in tech support for an internet mob.
Apprenticeships are always great, and so is uni. It really depends on what you want to do when you're out of school, try and work towards that with work experience and stuff, so you have a good reference when you try and get into a certain industry.
ReplyQuote

MissMadiD MissMadiD VIC Posts: 77
10 11 May 2010
Matt. Y said:
But yehhhh, i hate hate hated working at woolworths. handling all the animal products (it got me sad) - the oily roast chickens really use to shit me.

But, you can always take some affirmitive action. wink I know I always enjoyed sabotaging the veal/cage egg-buying customer's products, by say... squishing their bread... and some other things... you can be creative happy

But yeh, when I finish yr12 this year, i'm thinking about taking a short course at tafe before uni... in say like bartending or security. i love the night hours, and working in the city at clubs/crown. just gotta contnue gyming it to get the latter job. strong hahha
Some woman brought $200 worth of meat today... that was before she started on the $70 worth of Dairy products... the rest was junk. She spent the grand total of... $7.50 on vegetables (onions)
I was a very unfriendly checkout chick by the end of that transaction.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au