Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Food inc

1 - 10 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

MissMadiD MissMadiD VIC Posts: 77
1 21 May 2010
The new movie Food inc came out yesterday.
Anyone seen it yet?
Thoughts?

I want to go see it on Friday night, as a reward for finishing all my assessments happy
ReplyQuote

emileee emileee NSW Posts: 514
2 22 May 2010
Never even heard of it  .. but im curious, so what is it about?
Food obvioulsy (:
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
3 22 May 2010
I've seen the trailer online. Where is the film released at?? I'd like to see it.
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
4 22 May 2010
My Husband and I saw it today!  

It has certainly reinforced some of the opinions I had about the food industry, although a lot of the content is (obviously and understandably) aimed towards the American market (in terms of legislation, trending habits etc.).

It has inspired me to do more and take a closer look at the food I buy and consume - and although I already do a lot of things 'right' there is always more to be done.

If anyone is going to go into this movie thinking it will be pro-vegetarian/vegan: don't.  It certainly lifts the veil on some aspects of the meat industry, along with other agribuisness, but the message is not one of 'do this' or 'do that'.  The message I took away was to be more conscious of where your food (ALL food) originates from, and how it got onto your plate.  Don't let that deter you, though.  It was well worth going to see.

ETA: We saw it at a Village 'Cinema Europa,' it's also playing at a few Novo Cinemas I've noticed. (BTW, we're in Melbourne.)
ReplyQuote

5 22 May 2010
Tanyaka said:
I've seen the trailer online. Where is the film released at?? I'd like to see it.
Its released at Village at the moment, not sure about Hoyts or any of the other cinemas.
ReplyQuote

6 22 May 2010
emileee said:
Never even heard of it  .. but im curious, so what is it about?
Food obvioulsy (:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0

thats the trailer happy
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
7 23 May 2010
It looks pretty interesting! happy
ReplyQuote

pitterpatter pitterpatter QLD Posts: 376
8 24 May 2010
Does anyone know when it will be released?  I just watched the trailer and I'd be keen to drag the housemates along to see it with me!
ReplyQuote

9 24 May 2010
pitterpatter said:
Does anyone know when it will be released?  I just watched the trailer and I'd be keen to drag the housemates along to see it with me!
It is released?
Come down to Melbourne and see it with me!!!!!
haha
ReplyQuote

randz randz QLD Posts: 55
10 24 May 2010
ill be going this week then,  hopefully happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au