Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Raw vegan restaurant

1 - 10 of 22 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Charlotte Rae Charlotte Rae VIC Posts: 44
1 2 Jul 2009
I recently discovered a link to a raw vegan restaurant/cafe that opened up in Melbourne not too long ago- Le Cru. It's Melbourne's first ever raw dining restaurant and I plan to check it out. It's located in Albert Park  and is opened Wed-Fri 11.30am-3.30pm, Tue-Sat 6pm-10pm.
Just though I might spread thee word considering how delish the menu sounds  peace
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 2 Jul 2009
Yum, looks delish. Bit pricey though sad
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
3 2 Jul 2009
Oooh raw vegan? Im presuming lots of salads and platters? I can't really think of many vegan meals without using cooking. Wait, raw means just fruit & vege, yeah? No pulses and grains?
ReplyQuote

Karen Karen Australia Posts: 993
4 2 Jul 2009
Unleashed Admin
.ellehcoR said:
Oooh raw vegan? Im presuming lots of salads and platters? I can't really think of vegan meals without using cooking. Wait, raw means just fruit & vege, yeah? No pulses and grains?
+ raw nuts, raw seeds... not sure what else (anything that hasn't been cooked, I suppose wink)
ReplyQuote

Charlotte Rae Charlotte Rae VIC Posts: 44
5 2 Jul 2009
Food  is  eaither 'cooked' by  being dehyrdrated  and foods cooked below 45 degrees are considered raw. I  know that  if you soak  vegies for 48 hours  it's as though they've been cooked but I can't wait that long for my broccoli.
ReplyQuote

Nathanael Nathanael VIC Posts: 211
6 2 Jul 2009
They use honey in a fair bit of stuff, apparently... or did for a while at least.
From another forum:
"the nut milks contain honey, apparently they won't use agave as honey "just tastes better", "doesn't hurt the bees" and "most vegans eat honey anyway". "
Also some of the wine isn't vegan/vegetarian (but hey, the beer at enlightened cuisine isn't vegetarian by my standards).

Other than those gripes, I'm interested to suss this place out.
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
7 2 Jul 2009
what is the deal with raw vegan stuff? It suppose to be more healthy or something?
ReplyQuote

8 2 Jul 2009
Matt.Y said:
what is the deal with raw vegan stuff? It suppose to be more healthy or something?
I think its that natural food keeps its highest potent of nutrients if it isnt cooked. I have no doubt that raw vegans would be extremely healthy, but wouldnt they be missing out on carbohydrates found in pulses and grains?

Either that or they're just too lazy to use a stove.
ReplyQuote

9 2 Jul 2009
Nathanael said:
Other than those gripes, I'm interested to suss this place out.
I think I may have to too
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
10 2 Jul 2009
.ellehcoR said:
Matt.Y said:
I think its that natural food keeps its highest potent of nutrients if it isnt cooked. I have no doubt that raw vegans would be extremely healthy, but wouldnt they be missing out on carbohydrates found in pulses and grains?

Either that or they're just too lazy to use a stove.
hahahaha
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au