Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

quick response needed!

1 - 9 of 9 posts

birdie birdie VIC Posts: 393
1 1 Jun 2010
please help me find a response to this statement a friend just made! i'm stuck on what to say! i already said something about factory farming and this was the reply! please help.

"You know there are more Chickens than humans in the world. I rather eat Chicken than eat what they eat to starve them to their deaths." the logic is that there wouldn't be enough food to go around.

thanks in advance!!!!
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
2 1 Jun 2010
Not sure I understand what your friend means..

But there are only so many chickens because they are being bred for our use. This number will stay consistant until demand reduces. So until people stop eating chicken and eggs, there will be a shitload of chickens. These chickens all need to be fed, so not only are there so many chickens constantly being bred and kept in horrible conditions for our food intake, but they all require to be fed too.
ReplyQuote

3 1 Jun 2010
Tried re-reading but it just sounds confusing. Do they mean that... we should eat animals.. so that ..vegetables are left purely for the animals consumption??
It really makes no sense. A) We'd die just eating meat. We need veg and other food anyway.
And b) Factory farmed animals arn't fed what you may feed a pet version of that animal.

Maybe they should watch "Meat the truth" and learn about sustainability and how meat vs vegan diets actually scale in on the environment. tongue
ReplyQuote

4 1 Jun 2010
thank you heaps that helped! yes, you did get the point by the way! happy
ReplyQuote

5 1 Jun 2010
Oh awesome. happy
I'm not great at debating either. Good luck tongue
ReplyQuote

6 1 Jun 2010
Tanyaka said:
Tried re-reading but it just sounds confusing. Do they mean that... we should eat animals.. so that ..vegetables are left purely for the animals consumption??
It really makes no sense. A) We'd die just eating meat. We need veg and other food anyway.
And b) Factory farmed animals arn't fed what you may feed a pet version of that animal.

Maybe they should watch "Meat the truth" and learn about sustainability and how meat vs vegan diets actually scale in on the environment. tongue
yes sorry i didn't see this post! yes it is confused logic! in other words there isn't enough vegetables to feed all humans and animals at the same time!! hmm i'm still confused lol
ReplyQuote

bethaney bethaney QLD Posts: 29
7 7 Jun 2010
dont you hate people who try to justify their meet eating?

I would say the same as the other posters, that it is US HUMANS who have breed so many chickens for us to eat, it is not natural for that many chickens to exist on the earth.  The land the chickens take up is more that enough land to grow healthy vegetable and grain crops to feed the world, but we continue with breeding animals for slaughter to please our shallow taste buds.

Good luck, stick to your guns, you know in your heart all the reasons, anyone who questions veganism is generally uneducated and ignorant anyways!
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
8 7 Jun 2010
I would just call him a retard and be done with it.
ReplyQuote

bethaney bethaney QLD Posts: 29
9 8 Jun 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
I would just call him a retard and be done with it.
hee hee, yeah, sometimes its not worth wasting your breath!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au